1.    #1  
    This is looking pretty interesting:

Wrapsol | world's strongest original wrapsol scratch-proof protection system for Palm Pre Plus

They say it's repositionable, and the install is completely dry!

I've heard the texture was nice too, although thicker.

Right now I feel like going for Phantom Skinz, but this looks rather interesting.
    I've had my current pre since late november (exchanged due to the stuck in headphone mode problem), and it's completely fine without any protective screen. There are no scratches on it and as long as you store it in the pouch it comes with, you shouldn't have anything to worry about.
    I use a ZAGG, which is similar. Pretty indestructable stuff.
    Thicker? It looks really interesting (especially the way it's laid out, since it would appear to fit better around the round edges than other competitors) but these films should be as thin as possible. I'm using a ZAGG one as well, and have noticed that the touchscreen isn't as responsive as it used to be - just ever so slightly, but it is different. The thicker it is, the worse it would become...
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Thicker? It looks really interesting (especially the way it's laid out, since it would appear to fit better around the round edges than other competitors) but these films should be as thin as possible. I'm using a ZAGG one as well, and have noticed that the touchscreen isn't as responsive as it used to be - just ever so slightly, but it is different. The thicker it is, the worse it would become...
    Try an occasional treatment with carnauba wax. It makes the ZAGG feel more like the bare Pre surface.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    I have the wrapsol. It's pretty good and their support is great. Finish is very smooth and shiny. I don't really see how it could be any thinner, and it appears about as thick as the Phantom Skinz (I have both).

I have the wet-application one, though. I tried the dry one but it was too hard to line up- you only get one chance and you can't slide it around to position it at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Try an occasional treatment with carnauba wax. It makes the ZAGG feel more like the bare Pre surface.
    I wasn't talking about how it feels to the touch - I like the ZAGG feel quite a bit. But I might try itt out for no doubt censored things and giggles

I was talking about how responsive the touchscreen is/was; I definitely need to 'touch harder' than I did before, or than I need on my friend's Pre. I assume it's because the skin, while conductive, also acts as a resistor. So a greater area of your fingertip needs to touch the phone to be detected.

It's very minimal, but I find it's there.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Speebs View Post
    I have the wrapsol. It's pretty good and their support is great. Finish is very smooth and shiny. I don't really see how it could be any thinner, and it appears about as thick as the Phantom Skinz (I have both).

I have the wet-application one, though. I tried the dry one but it was too hard to line up- you only get one chance and you can't slide it around to position it at all.
    I have heard that the normal one has a matte surface? Is that true? I wonder if this affects screen legibility.

I am using bodyguardz now. Slight orange peel, still much better than Zagg or BSE.
    Hmmm well I havnt tried them but i can vouch for phantom skinz over zagg. The zagg skin felt very thick, sticky, and had an orange tint to it, where as the phantomskin is very thin yet has great protection
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    Hmmm well I havnt tried them but i can vouch for phantom skinz over zagg. The zagg skin felt very thick, sticky, and had an orange tint to it, where as the phantomskin is very thin yet has great protection
    +1
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tk 421 View Post
    I have heard that the normal one has a matte surface? Is that true? I wonder if this affects screen legibility.

I am using bodyguardz now. Slight orange peel, still much better than Zagg or BSE.
    No, not matte at all. Perfectly smooth and clear. The BACK cover part is matte, which I believe is to increase grip, but if you have a touchstone cover then you don't need it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmglouis View Post
    I've had my current pre since late november (exchanged due to the stuck in headphone mode problem), and it's completely fine without any protective screen. There are no scratches on it and as long as you store it in the pouch it comes with, you shouldn't have anything to worry about.
    Most people do not want to keep it in the pouch. If you like the sleeping bag, fine...keep with it. You definitely have better touch response than those with any skin.