1.    #1  
    SO what is the status on a Messenger service for us WebOS users? It has been a while now since, MUndu and Agile have been working on something for us.. But nothing yet. Palm doesn't seem to be interested in the idea..

So where do we stand in a good messenger app, that allows more than just Gtalk (on which I have 2 contacts.. )?
    well there are the messaging plugins http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...-your-pre.html

though i would prefer a separate application as I dont like having all my 200 msn contacts put into my contacts list...
  3.    #3  
    Yeh, for MSN messenger I would love a separate app, becuase it is quite a mess to have all your contacts in your contact list.. My gmail is alot more conservative and in order, eg. First Name/Last Name etc...

I hope Mundu or Agile steps up the pace... Or one of our fine genius on here...
    I use the plugin, mostly becuase I never actually go into the contacts app. Whenever I need to look up a contact I just use the universal search feature, since that's always so much faster, and if I start typing in a first name, or a last name, it just finds it.
    IM+ app. The contacts do not sync.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylon View Post
    IM+ app. The contacts do not sync.
    The problem with IM+ is there is no notifications, It has to be open if you use messenger a lot. When you close it shuts completely down. I wouldn't mind having one that worked in the background like how Tweed and Facebook does with their notifications. And when you close it you always have to log back into all of the accounts. Its great if you plan on using it at certain times when you know the other person wants to chat but when does that ever happen.
    I am Pain, I am Real, I'm not a dream! (Ayreon)
    If you leave IM+ in card view, it does not shut down. I do get a vibrate notifcation, even when when the phone power saves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylon View Post
    If you leave IM+ in card view, it does not shut down. I do get a vibrate notifcation, even when when the phone power saves.
    yeah but I hardly ever leave any APP in card view mode. Maybe I will try that clearcard app so it makes all the apps see thru. I did buy IM+ but when they lowered the price.
    I am Pain, I am Real, I'm not a dream! (Ayreon)
  9.    #9  
    IM+ website says it isn't available for Palm Pre.. How did you guys get it..?
  10.    #10  
    Sorry just found it... i should try it out..
    IM+ isnt that bad, i dont mind leaving the card open considering this is what the point of the pre was with multi-tasking anyhow it needs sound notifications though instead of just vibration
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    What kind of battery drain do you get with IM+ leaving on idle all day long? Is it much more than running without it?
  13.    #13  
    Does IM+ work well on 1.4.1? I have seen some posts to the effect that there are problems with 1.4.1 in this regard..
    Quote Originally Posted by samecolor View Post
    What kind of battery drain do you get with IM+ leaving on idle all day long? Is it much more than running without it?
    Hard to say about the battery drain, (have the 2600 mah battery). i usually dont see a difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    It looks promisinig. I'll definitely check it out