1.    #1  
    I've been using the Google Maps public transit directions feature for a couple weeks now with no problem. All of a sudden the other day it stopped working. Anytime I make a request for directions, a bubble pops up saying "routing" and the shortly after another bubble pops up saying "An error occurred".

I've tried restarting the phone and the app several times but still have had no luck. The other direction features (driving and biking) seem to work fine. I've tried using the Google Maps public transit directions through my home computer and it works normally.

I'm using a Palm Pre Plus running software version 1.4. I realize that my use of this feature puts me in a small minority, but if any of you out there are willing I'd just like to see if you're getting similar results or if mine is an isolated problem.

Thanks for any help

Update: I contacted Palm's online chat support, they recommended doing a full OS reinstall using webOS Doctor. I did it exactly as they described and it still doesn't work.
    Last edited by Xtian.Castro; 04/26/2010 at 09:26 PM. Reason: New info
    Same problem here (UK)
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
    I use it faithfully and have been seen the same error for a couple of weeks. LA, california
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    It just started to do this for me too here in LA..

Which is quite frustrating because I use my Pre to field test this stuff for Torrance Transit lol
  5.    #5  
    I've cross posted this on the Palm Support and Google Mobile forums, so hopefully someone from Google or Palm sees this. I ended up chatting with 4 Palm support reps, and there was no resolution. I love this phone, but this public transit error is killing me. From the replies I've seen, this is a problem affecting users on all carriers, models and countries. From what I understand the way the app was developed features can be fixed and adjusted on fly.
  6.    #6  
    update: I got replies from Google and Palm, both have verified the problem and are working on fixing the error.

from the Google Mobile forum:
    "Hi all,

First off - apologies for the delayed response. I can indeed verify from my end that Transit Directions in Google Maps on the Palm WebOS is currently failing. I don't have a time to resolution as of yet, but I'll update this thread as soon as I have more information. In the meantime, I really appreciate your patience - we're hard at work trying to fix this issue!

Best,
    Tom"

from the Palm Support forum:
    "Posts: 310
    Re: Google Maps public transit error [*New*]
    Options
    04-27-2010 11:41 AM

Hello and welcome to the forums;
    I was able to replicate this on a device here in the office, and have forwarded this issue to our engineers for further review.
    I appreciate you bringing this to our attention so that we can address it as soon as possible.
    Life moves fast. Don't miss a thing.
    TreoAide"
    Palm has logged this in its software issue tracking system. We endeavor to continuously improve our software quality and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are grateful to the community and will evaluate options based on customer feedback and software best practices.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  8.    #8  
    I decided to try the Google Maps public transit directions on my Pre just on a whim and its works! Looks like somebody fixed it, don't want to get ahead of myself, so go ahead and try it out, see if your phones are working now too.
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Palm has logged this in its software issue tracking system. We endeavor to continuously improve our software quality and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are grateful to the community and will evaluate options based on customer feedback and software best practices.
    Soooo...we can assume Palm is aware of the Pre Plus GPS issues. They can't have missed the complaints about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtian.Castro View Post
    I decided to try the Google Maps public transit directions on my Pre just on a whim and its works! Looks like somebody fixed it, don't want to get ahead of myself, so go ahead and try it out, see if your phones are working now too.
    The issue should be resolved by now. If anyone has not been resolved by the issue please let me know.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts