Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I don't buy the argument for waiting. No matter what you buy, something better will always be on the horizon.

Plus, if you stay on the bleeding edge, there will always be headaches. The Pre has been out for a while, and it is working pretty well. Do you want to be a beta tester for a new device?

Everything is a tradeoff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    I don't buy the argument for waiting. No matter what you buy, something better will always be on the horizon.

Plus, if you stay on the bleeding edge, there will always be headaches. The Pre has been out for a while, and it is working pretty well. Do you want to be a beta tester for a new device?

+1

Ultimately it is up to you on what you do. If you come to a Palm forum and ask that question you are going to get mostly positive comments. You of course will get the trolls saying that it's bad blah blah blah.

in my experience I'm enjoying the Palm Pre Plus on Verizon and although I truly wish I could go to Sprint it's just not in the cards for me.

I hope this helps
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Quote Originally Posted by npyle View Post
    Pre+/Pixi+ should be available on AT&T in the next few weeks, so why not wait for those models to land there? I too am using iPhone 3G and am anxiously waiting for AT&T to announce Pre+ availability, as I'm due for an upgrade and will be switching to that as soon as it lands.
    Why AT&T? With number portability just go to Sprint. Free mobile to any mobile, automatic no charge "V" roaming, lest cost for services and upgrade in 1 year. And you will not switch? The only thing I can see is the memory and that is not really a deal breaker.
    Some people have no logic.

Quote Originally Posted by pichai View Post
    I dropped the over-priced AT&T services and the Iphone for a cheaper Sprint services and bought the Plam Pre phone. It was the best choice I've made since 2007 when I dumped my crazy girlfriend!
    Seriously, it was a good choice FOR ME. In fact, more so than I'd thought. Last month, I had to move my cubicle to the middle of a first floor room of a very large government office . Because to this, the signal to a free WI-FI service provided by the city was lost. I'd been using it to surf unapproved sites on my laptop - such as; Ebay, PreCentral, and ESPN. Now, using the tethering app, I can leave my Pre by the window and you know the rest of the story....

What's right for me may not be right for you.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post

Make the move. There should be only one reason to wait. You live in a 4G (WiMax) area and want the new Palm. Even that is still questionable.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I have had the Pre from release day and will tell you that what is out there now is much better than a year ago. So you have two options,both you will be happy with.

Get the Pre now and enjoy the experience or wait a couple of months for the summer and get t then if nothing else looks good. The specs on the Evo look and sound great, but seeing it in action is another story. Coming from a 1st gen phone and going theough the growing pains had it's good and frustrating times, but love the phone, hands down for the ease of use. Also by the summer Sprint will probably kicking mobile hot spot as well since the Evo has it, the Pre probably will to.

If you really want the phone now,get it. If you can wait for a little bit,you might get a better deal on it with more functionality,maybe. Either way, you can't lose. Best of luck with you decision.
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    Why AT&T? With number portability just go to Sprint. Free mobile to any mobile, automatic no charge "V" roaming, lest cost for services and upgrade in 1 year

Because for some of us, all the features dont mean a thing if you get no service. I had sprint, and at my house I can get either Sprint Or Verizon signal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vkitty View Post
    Because for some of us, all the features dont mean a thing if you get no service. I had sprint, and at my house I can get either Sprint Or Verizon signal.
    If that is really the case then all you have to do is call Sprint and they will send out and give you a deal on the Airave. I have one. My cost was zero and the fee is waved ever month too.

Sprint and "V" combined give you move service area than AT&T can't even dream about. So switch and get the airave or stay with AT&T for the tighter bank account you have.

Also the OP never said anything about reception. When you made your comment you kind of left out your true reason for staying with AT&T.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

We want them!!!
    If that is really the case then all you have to do is call Sprint and they will send out and give you a deal on the Airave. I have one. My cost was zero and the fee is waved ever month too.

Sprint and "V" combined give you move service area than AT&T can't even dream about. So switch and get the airave or stay with AT&T for the tighter bank account you have.

Also the OP never said anything about reception. When you made your comment you kind of left out your true reason for staying with AT&T.
    That's fine in your house. But what if his local area lacks sprint or verizon coverage? It's amazing how a different location changes things and perceptions..

Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    There are quite a few people who have swiched to the Pre from the iPhone and are very happy they made the switch. Sprint plans are much more economical.
    Sprint is cheaper. Any mobile, any time is awesome in that its offered on their lowest data plan.

But AT&T does have roll over and a-list. Specific to the iphone, if you use a lot of apps (or itunes media) and can share with some friends, the app sharing (up to 5 computers can share same itunes account) can make all that cheaper. It's especially great for families of iphone/ipod/ipad users.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    That's fine in your house. But what if his local area lacks sprint or verizon coverage? It's amazing how a different location changes things and perceptions..
    True. But are there really that many places that Sprint or "V" do not have coverage where AT&T does?
    With Sprint you have Sprint and Verizon service combined. It would be nice to see a coverage map of AT&T over Sprint and Verizon's combined area.
    Here is a link to an interactive map of AT&T, Sprint, Verizon and T-mobile dead zones.
    Last edited by Finally Pre; 04/26/2010 at 11:17 AM.

We want them!!!
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Why AT&T? With number portability just go to Sprint. Free mobile to any mobile, automatic no charge "V" roaming, lest cost for services and upgrade in 1 year. And you will not switch? The only thing I can see is the memory and that is not really a deal breaker.
    Some people have no logic.

+1

Make the move. There should be only one reason to wait. You live in a 4G (WiMax) area and want the new Palm. Even that is still questionable.
    Unfortunately for me, Sprint's not an option in my area because of service/call quality--lack of that is. I understand that Sprint's cheaper, etc. however, without having a home phone, I need a reliable service in order to make calls, as well as other things. Therefore for me it's AT&T. I didn't know OP's reason for wanting to leave AT&T, so if it's simply for Pre and he's happy with service, other aspects of AT&T, waiting a little longer for Pre+ may make sense?

In the long run, he's got to be the one to decide what to do, as we're not in his situation and may not have the same experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by npyle View Post
    Unfortunately for me, Sprint's not an option in my area because of service/call quality--lack of that is. I understand that Sprint's cheaper, etc. however, without having a home phone, I need a reliable service in order to make calls, as well as other things. Therefore for me it's AT&T. I didn't know OP's reason for wanting to leave AT&T, so if it's simply for Pre and he's happy with service, other aspects of AT&T, waiting a little longer for Pre+ may make sense?

In the long run, he's got to be the one to decide what to do, as we're not in his situation and may not have the same experience.
    +1

We want them!!!
  11.    #31  
    Thanks to all the answers. The reason why I want to switch is because if I leave AT&T I will be saving about $85 a month in cell phone expense. If I switch I need a phone that can connect to my exchange, use RDP / VNC, and VPN. I have found solutions for the VPN using terminal in the Pre. My options if I want to switch would be the Pre, Samsung Moment, or the Hero. I figured Pre was a better choice but had my doubts since android has a bigger developer backing. I currently have a 32GB iPhone 3GS and am consuming about 10 GB due to music.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    wait for the plus...you're rolling the dice with the current pre. to me the pre is crap, it's the webOs that is awesome, not the phone. palm needs to get this Os to some other hardware companies.
    Quote Originally Posted by hchavarria View Post
    Thanks to all the answers. The reason why I want to switch is because if I leave AT&T I will be saving about $85 a month in cell phone expense. If I switch I need a phone that can connect to my exchange, use RDP / VNC, and VPN. I have found solutions for the VPN using terminal in the Pre. My options if I want to switch would be the Pre, Samsung Moment, or the Hero. I figured Pre was a better choice but had my doubts since android has a bigger developer backing. I currently have a 32GB iPhone 3GS and am consuming about 10 GB due to music.
    Just remember that if you go with an Android-based phone, you are forced to sync Exchange through Gmail.

Unless your company has a strict non-disclosure agreement with Google, I'd suggest that might be an issue of confidentiality.
    If I were you, I'd do what I could to get a Pre +
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12