Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anybody kno y the palm pre overheats some much i cant even use my hotspot wit out it overheating i never leave card running so y is it overheating my screen has turned light yellow in the top left corner from it over heating some much can anybody help me out
    Thats why they call it HotSpot.
    "I have to return some videotapes."
    Odd. I run the 800 mhz kernel and a touchstone with Wi-Fi on. Those are probably the 3 biggest heat hogs... no issues here.

Make sure you have the overheat patch installed so that it will warn at 40C and turn off at 45C!!
    Sounds like you have a busted Pre. I've been running the 800mhz overclock patch for a few weeks now without a problem.
    So my Pre isnt supposed to feel like a pocket warmer while running the Hot Spot app continuously?
    "I have to return some videotapes."
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoDaddeo6 View Post
    Thats why they call it HotSpot.
    LOL good one
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoDaddeo6 View Post
    So my Pre isnt supposed to feel like a pocket warmer while running the Hot Spot app continuously?
    I have similar issues, so much to the point that when I use mobile hotspot I keep my pre in the fridge.
    I suggest you return that defective phone,but first do a webos doc to remove all install patches and mod.
    Doesn't seem like the poster mentioned he has overclocked. Having said that, I run the 720 kernel, and my Palm works better overall, and yes it feels less hot. I never had a overheating problem, but I did notice that at times it got warm. I has to do with, your signal strength, 3G quality, and CPU hogging programs from what I understand.
    the hottest part of the Pre will be when you are hitting the EVDO connection constantly. when I download larger files over the data network it gets a lot hotter than when I do anything else, even using Wifi.
    were can I find the over heat patch
  12.    #12  
    I have the heat patch dats warns me when it gets hot bt now I camt even charge my phone wit out it getin hot nd it's on standy by nd wat are all the patchs you guys xare talkin about are they in preware or webos quick installl
    Quote Originally Posted by punkrockmano View Post
    I have the heat patch dats warns me when it gets hot bt now I camt even charge my phone wit out it getin hot nd it's on standy by nd wat are all the patchs you guys xare talkin about are they in preware or webos quick installl
    Huh?
    whoa. not even going to try to decipher that one.

Anyways now I have a clear hard case on mine. So between the case, touchstone, wifi, EVDO, 800mhz, etc - I haven't even been able to have the temperature patch warn me. Maybe i'm lucky?
    Maybe you're lucky or that is how it is. My phone for some reason runs a lot cooler, than when I used it at stock 500Mhz. I am not a heavy power user, just the normal stuff, but it seems to me as though the Pre was made for 800MHz.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    yeah mine goes in the 50s when i have the wifi hotspot on.
    Anybody kno y the palm pre overheats some much i cant even use my hotspot wit out it overheating i never leave card running so y is it overheating my screen has turned light yellow in the top left corner from it over heating some much can anybody help me out
    How often do you reboot your phone? Once a day might help the issue. Also at times when it may get hot, open the slider to help the heat to dissipate faster.

Quote Originally Posted by palmpreboss View Post
    were can I find the over heat patch
    In Preware, type temp in the List of Everything. It's called 'Device Temperatue Warnings'.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    He's saying he installed the patch that is suppose to warn you when your device's temperature is getting too high (45C), but he can't charge the phone (even with the screen off therefore not overclocked) without the alert that his phone is overheating.

My suggestion: Uninstall the temperature warning patch. I had to for the same reason. (It would go off even when overclocking was completely disabled, nothing was running, and it was just charging, I think the 45C threshold might be set a bit too low.)
    my phone was always hot, even without the 800 mhz kernel.
    i've got it cooled down with 3 clicks:
    -turn off 3g
    -switch to pull email
    -messenger offline

helped me savin batterie and keeps the phone always cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Bgso View Post
    Huh?
    Personally, I never reply to posters who lack the courtesy to use punctuation marks, or have incomprehensible posts. If they are too lazy to type properly worded post, I'm too lazy to decipher it and reply to it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast