Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The radio is the hottest thing on the Pre,(it is also the biggest battery hog). It is located under that battery and if you are experiencing screen discoloration due to heat then return it that is NOT normal, the gets hot, but not that hot. If you want it to be cooler you can open the keyboard and remove the back cover, also place it on a good heat absorber, your palm should be good enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiyo View Post
    The radio is the hottest thing on the Pre,(it is also the biggest battery hog). It is located under that battery and if you are experiencing screen discoloration due to heat then return it that is NOT normal, the gets hot, but not that hot. If you want it to be cooler you can open the keyboard and remove the back cover, also place it on a good heat absorber, your palm should be good enough.
    Actually i also get screen discoloration too when my phone gets really hot. The screen turns yellow on the middle right side. I just let the phone cool down and the discoloration disappears. I'm not waiting for a new Palm phone now. Im so tired of switching my phone continuously.
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    My Pre nearly always gives me the temperature warning if I:

- use the Hotspot
    - listen to internet radio in the car while it is charging
    - use the phone to surf the web while it is charging

I am running Uberkernel and screenstate Govnah at 250/720.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtonk View Post
    My Pre nearly always gives me the temperature warning if I:

- use the Hotspot
    - listen to internet radio in the car while it is charging
    - use the phone to surf the web while it is charging

I am running Uberkernel and screenstate Govnah at 250/720.
    I have issues with these warning patches. One, they measure the battery temp, not cpu, and two, the warning comes at 45C. For starters, 45C is nothing for a mobile CPU (the old pentium m in my laptop is rated to 100C), and running multiple apps such as navigation, pandora, and trapster, while charging, I have seen well over 50C on stock speed. This is actual cpu temp not battery temp. I don't know why people think that 45C is a dangerous temp, but if Palm used a cpu that is critical at such a low temp, they are a worthless company. Going by computer cpus, this one should be fine at least until 60-70C.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12