1.    #1  
    Now that a few of my friends have Pre's, is it possible to install PreWare on there phones through my WOQI app? They're not the most computer literate bunch. I know to get the current WebDoctor you need to enter a serial number so I'm trying to figure out if this makes it work only on one phone.
    I have installed preware on several pre's with a single version of QI on my netbook whenever I run into someone with a Pre at sprint so it shouldn't be a problem
    Yes you can install Preware on multiple phones it would be quicker for you to download the ipks from the feed so you can just drag and drop then click install. I have about 8 of my teachers that I installed that way. I keep the latest ipk in a pre utility folder for my install needs.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Yes you can install Preware on multiple phones it would be quicker for you to download the ipks from the feed so you can just drag and drop then click install. I have about 8 of my teachers that I installed that way. I keep the latest ipk in a pre utility folder for my install needs.
    Can you elaborate on this? I've seen the IPK's in PreWare but never paid them much mind. I download it and drop it in the Pre while in USB mode then install? Or am I way off base? Will installing the IPK automatically add Preware?
  5.    #5  
    Bump.

Also is it possible to take the save/restore profile from my phone and transfer it to my friend's so I don't need to do each patch one by one?
    Quote Originally Posted by stir fry a lot View Post
    Can you elaborate on this? I've seen the IPK's in PreWare but never paid them much mind. I download it and drop it in the Pre while in USB mode then install? Or am I way off base? Will installing the IPK automatically add Preware?
    You drop the ipk's into quick install like you are installing a patch or homebrew app that hasn't been published to Preware yet. The standalone installers make it much quicker now. You just have to update once Preware is installed. http://get.preware.org/

Bump.

Also is it possible to take the save/restore profile from my phone and transfer it to my friend's so I don't need to do each patch one by one?
    Haven't tried that one before so I can't comment on that.
    Boy, you've got lazy frineds. After opening the portal to making their Pre the best phone they ever had, they still can't be arsed exploring the Preware feeds?

As to your question: no proof of concept, that I know of, but it should be possible, considering they start patching off a stock Pre. This way stuff only gets added, not removed. Could lead to confusing scenarios, if they already started patching and App installing (I believe Apps installed, but not in Preware's Saved Package List will be uninstalled during the "Install all" process.
    'til we meet again.
    THL