Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello,

In case you haven't seen it on Twitter yet, I wanted to let you know about my new personal challenge to use my Palm Pre exclusively for an entire month (cutting out my computer). During that time I'll be writing app reviews, doing developer interviews, checking out some accessories and letting people know some tips that I come across for getting the most out of their webOS device.

If you guys are interested, I would love for you to stop by and show your support in some way. Either by telling me what apps you want me to review, connecting me with developers to interview, joining in the discussions that happen with the articles or even sending some donations so that I can buy new apps and accessories.

I love this community and hope that I'll be able to give back in a valuable way by doing this.

The Link: The Palm Pre Challenge | AnotherGuy's Weblog

Thanks, Benuk, for adding the link below while I was waiting to get up to 10 posts here.

If you want to follow on Twitter, you can find me @anotherguy or see my updates for this challenge specifically at #PalmPreChallenge

Last thing - I'm starting this tomorrow (4/26/2010) and going for 30 full days, until 5/26/2010.

Thanks,
    Tim
    Last edited by Tim Stiffler-Dean; 04/25/2010 at 08:17 PM. Reason: add date
    Sounds interesting. I'm in. Found you on twitter and added your blog feed to my reader. Good luck.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    You need 10 posts to post links, pictures, etc. Contribute or comment on other posts and your last 4 will be used up in no time.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    Hope you've got either a spare battery or an extended one
  5.    #5  
    Thanks, braindead. Hope I can give you something valuable in coming weeks.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to make the project better for you.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Link here The Palm Pre Challenge | AnotherGuy's Weblog looking forward to see how you get on, good luck!
  7.    #7  
    You need 10 posts to post links, pictures, etc. Contribute or comment on other posts and your last 4 will be used up in no time.
    Yea, I'm sure I'll hit that in no time. Thanks.

Hope you've got either a spare battery or an extended one
    I have three chargers (home, car and a spare one in the car) and mostly keep the battery above 50% charged. But, just in case, I will be buying a spare extended battery at some point.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    It's got me intrigued, I'll bookmark and follow.
    Gitah~
    Sounds good, i'll follow
    Last edited by darker9999; 04/25/2010 at 03:32 PM.
    You know what would be interesting? A challenge to see if we can get by for a month using only our smartphones as our PCs and how much of a compromise it would feel like.
  11.    #11  
    You know what would be interesting? A challenge to see if we can get by for a month using only our smartphones as our PCs and how much of a compromise it would feel like.
    Hmm.. I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic or not, since that's exactly what I'm doing.

I've edited the OP to make that more clear.
    Wow, I totally misread your post. Sorry dude.

Yeah, that's exactly what I meant. I've been wondering how feasible something like that has been for a while now.

Good luck!
  13.    #13  
    No problem! lol

Since you've already been wondering about this, do you have any ideas on how to make this project really valuable?
    I don't know...

I wanted to try doing this myself but my biggest concerns were not having a full 101 key keyboard and the limited screen real estate on both my Pre and my iPhone. Since these aren't issues we can really address, my thinking was I would have to change the way I do things to make it work. That's really what kept me from going through with it.

Maybe you can spend some time explaining how your time spent using your Pre as your primary PC forced you to adapt to the miniaturization of everything you're used to?
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I'm in for this I subscribed to your blog with Google Reader, and found you on Twitter. I found you on Twitter by searching for "anotherguy" not "PalmPreChallenge", however. This sounds like fun to follow your progress, it going to show what the Pre is capable of.
    Subscribed with Google Reader (don't have a Twitter account...)
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    I hope you don't go blind looking at the little screen. But sounds like an interesting challenge, good luck.
    awesome!
  19.    #19  
    Maybe you can spend some time explaining how your time spent using your Pre as your primary PC forced you to adapt to the miniaturization of everything you're used to?
    Absolutely. I'll keep that in mind as I explore the world of Pre.

Thanks everyone for your kind comments and subscriptions. Like I said in my latest blog, you guys are awesome!
    btw, when are you starting this challenge? From when to when?
    And good luck!
    Twitter: adamcarter
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast