Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 68
  1. dsuycott's Avatar
    Posts
    41 Posts
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
       #1  
    my wife is on her 6th and i'm on my 3rd. sprint is now refusing to replace the Pre's and has basically washed their hands of our problems with these phones...at the least i got them to agree to not charge us the cancellation fees when we leave, asap. we continue to get phones that crash when closing, keys are sticking when typing, half of the keyboard illumination goes out, touch screen failing, random crashes and rebooting when the phone is not even being used etc, etc. is anyone else have as huge of a problem with Sprints Pre's or the Verizon +?...
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by dsuycott View Post
    is anyone else have as huge of a problem with Sprints Pre's or the Verizon +?...
    Nope, I don't think so...
    6 Pre's for one person sounds a little absurd

    do you have many apps / patches installed?
    how rough are you on them (the phones)?
    do you have good signal strength at your location?
  3. #3  
    I went through 5 but don't care the refurbs don't cost me anything
  4. #4  
    6 does seem like a little much.
    Palm Pro->m505->Zodiac 2->Treo 680->Treo Pro->Pre+
  5. #5  
    can you say jitterbug.. Some people don't deserve this phone.. Have had mine for 8 months, and not one single problem.. The hardware is awesome, I have no doubts this phone will last me 2 years.. The os is unrivaled and sprint has treated me great for the 10+ years I have been with them... If you show it the respect it deserves, the pre will reciprocate tenfold...
  6. #6  
    Still on my first one 7+ Months and no problems, so I guess the answer is NO!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan


    Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  7. #7  
    Still on my first and he still as good as new. You must bash them against a wall, 9 between 2 of you is crazy.
  8. #8  
    In just about every one of your posts you have had some sort of problem installing something. You have patched, tweaked, tethered, putty etc.. Is it possible that you have done something wrong installing something? Maybe you messed up your phones by uninstalling something important?

    Slamming the slider shut will sometimes cause a reboot, my son learned that. The sticky double typing keys seems to be a pre plus problem. Doesn't your wife have a Pixi? Did you patch and tweak her pixi too?
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
  9. bugdad's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    #9  
    I am still on my original pre -- early july purchase .. All is fine .. My wife got hers at the end of July and had the reboot on slider close issue .. This got resolved when she dropped it several times and screen went out ... We got a repl unit and it has been rock solid.
  10. #10  
    No issues with my 7 month old Pre. I did drop it the other day and chip some of the plastic off... Phone works without issues.. Only running a few patches, the 720 overclock and a few others.
  11. RickNY's Avatar
    Posts
    254 Posts
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by treogangsta View Post
    6 does seem like a little much.
    I'm on my 6th Pre -- all failed due to headphone jack eventually dying completely and unable to get back despite cleaning with alcohol swab.
  12. #12  
    I am still running my launch day pre and have experienced no issues that a simple reboot couldn't fix.
  13. #13  
    I am on my 6th and so is my wife.
  14. #14  
    Might want to try being a little nicer to your phones. As I always say... I am on my Launch Day Pre and have not one single issue. I have dropped my phone with the slider open and closed, I have sat on my phone, I have left it in my car in 100 degree weather all day. I have put my phone in the freezer. The only thing I haven't done to it was run it over with my Evo.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

    The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by dsuycott View Post
    my wife is on her 6th and i'm on my 3rd. sprint is now refusing to replace the Pre's and has basically washed their hands of our problems with these phones...at the least i got them to agree to not charge us the cancellation fees when we leave, asap. we continue to get phones that crash when closing, keys are sticking when typing, half of the keyboard illumination goes out, touch screen failing, random crashes and rebooting when the phone is not even being used etc, etc. is anyone else have as huge of a problem with Sprints Pre's or the Verizon +?...
    sorry to hear about your problems... try these:

    1) the shutdown-on-closing issue sounds like a problem with a bad batch of batteries that don't fit properly. replacing the battery with a different one that fits better and less loose will resolve the problem. try doing a search in the forum and talk to the rep at the store and see if they can give you a different battery before trying to exchange that phone.

    2) i've read about people with double-type letters but have not experienced myself or seen it with the 5+ people within my circle who have the pres so i can't comment about it. can you elaborate a little more on this issue?

    3) keyboard illumination goes out: can you elaborate a little? the keyboard illumination is tied to the screen brightness (not a very good idea imo but that's another story). so, if you have your screen brightness really low the keyboard will not be illuminated. is this what you're seeing? or are you seeing something else?

    4) touch-screen failing: as in the touchscreen completely stop responding to touch or is the phone crashing at that point and then rebooting? what happens when you press the center button?
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    Might want to try being a little nicer to your phones. As I always say... I am on my Launch Day Pre and have not one single issue. I have dropped my phone with the slider open and closed, I have sat on my phone, I have left it in my car in 100 degree weather all day. I have put my phone in the freezer. The only thing I haven't done to it was run it over with my Evo.
    You should not assume that you are the only one that is nice to your phone. In fact I invested good money and travelled to another city to get my and my wife's phone an expensive great shield installed professionaly on our phones. When the acreen dies or the power button stops working for no reason nothing we owners of the phone can do. The fact you got lucky with ur phone does not mean other people are.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by htabbach View Post
    You should not assume that you are the only one that is nice to your phone. In fact I invested good money and travelled to another city to get my and my wife's phone an expensive great shield installed professionaly on our phones. When the acreen dies or the power button stops working for no reason nothing we owners of the phone can do. The fact you got lucky with ur phone does not mean other people are.
    ok then tell us what you have done to your phone to make these things happen instead of saying, it broke out of thin air. Obviousely technology will not last forever but 9 times out of 10 it is PEBKAC or PIUE. "Problem exists between keyboard and chair" or "Problem is user error". I work with technology as an Support Technician so trust me when I say "You obviously did something wrong" but didn't admit to it.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

    The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
  18. #18  
    I have 3 replacements, and I have a friend that is on her 4th no problem getting sprint to own up when we have had equipment problems.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    ok then tell us what you have done to your phone to make these things happen instead of saying, it broke out of thin air. Obviousely technology will not last forever but 9 times out of 10 it is PEBKAC or PIUE. "Problem exists between keyboard and chair" or "Problem is user error". I work with technology as an Support Technician so trust me when I say "You obviously did something wrong" but didn't admit to it.
    Dude, I have been in technology longer than you have been speaking. I am telling you, there are bad patches of this phone. Everytime I go to my Psrint store at least one other person is returning theirs. So no, we are not doing anything with our phone. Do not want to believe then that is ur problem.
  20. #20  
    7 months and still have my first sprint pre in perfect condition.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions