1.    #1  
    If someone sends me a song in a text message, can I save that song as a ringtone? And if so, how?
    I've never actually saved any attachments that came through via text messaging. However, if I did I would then attach my Pre to my computer via USB, find the ringtone and then move it to my ringtones folder.

I'm sure there is a MUCH easier method to doing that than the one I just presented here!
    Quote Originally Posted by future_medic1539 View Post
    If someone sends me a song in a text message, can I save that song as a ringtone? And if so, how?
    yes! open the sounds app in the last launcher page and tap ringtone line and tap the little +music symbol lower left corner. then you can browse your music app for songs to import to the sound app.

then swipe back and you will find your new mp3 in the ringtone list usually by scrolling to the bottom of page. tap the mp3 title and a check mark will appear showing this is now your chosen ringtone.

have fun. search my other posts for instructions to edit audio files on your computer to make your own ringtones by picking a fav part of a song and fading in/out, etc.
    Cat up a Treo (now on the Pre, yo!)
    Creepycat at Creepycast Podcast

Palm user since "the one after the pilot" and still horde a drawer full of pda models as well as cradles and fold up keyboards because i was too greedy to let them "go" when they could have "went".
    This reply won't help you do what you want to do in the slightest, BUT: why is somebody sending you a ringtone as a text message? Wouldn't an email be the more logical way to go about that?
    These questions seem to be getting wackier everyday.....Or maybe it's just me.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    believe me I've tried it and it doesn't work.
    would be nice to do,,can't figure it out either
  8.    #8  
    what im talking about is if you recieve a text message with a sound file attached to it (like in forwards), is there anyway to save that sounds file to the phone and use it as a ringtone?
    Quote Originally Posted by future_medic1539 View Post
    what im talking about is if you recieve a text message with a sound file attached to it (like in forwards), is there anyway to save that sounds file to the phone and use it as a ringtone?
    yes! open the sounds app in the last launcher page and tap ringtone line and tap the little +music symbol lower left corner. then you can browse your music app for songs to import to the sound app.

then swipe back and you will find your new mp3 in the ringtone list usually by scrolling to the bottom of page. tap the mp3 title and a check mark will appear showing this is now your chosen ringtone.

have fun. search my other posts for instructions to edit audio files on your computer to make your own ringtones by picking a fav part of a song and fading in/out, etc.
    Cat up a Treo (now on the Pre, yo!)
    Creepycat at Creepycast Podcast

Palm user since "the one after the pilot" and still horde a drawer full of pda models as well as cradles and fold up keyboards because i was too greedy to let them "go" when they could have "went".