Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    So never having a Palm phone before i have never had a phone with a ringer switch, i've always had to go into settings of previous phones to turn off the ringer and activate vibrate.

I researched the Pre quite a bit before buying it and knew that there was a switch but when it came time for me to use it for the first time i went into settings looking to turn off the ringer, i could not find it of course and spent quite a few minutes scratching my head.

Hopefully the next time i will not have a brain fart and just use the switch on top!
    Andre
    Hahaha, something akin to that also happened to me when I first got my Pre. If I wanted to write a text message, I would open the messaging app, scroll around a bit, and look dumbfounded for a while if the desired recipient hadn't gotten anything from me yet. It was only after a few weeks that I always, reliably, began to Just Start Typing™. I have analogous stories about the Phone and Contacts apps... Sometimes, things can become so easy that your brain automatically dismisses the true answer as too easy and starts to look for more complicated ways to go. Hence Android.
    it took me such a long time to get use to universal search. I would open contacts, find the person,and click on their name. Then I would remember I could of just searched them, so I would close the app, and do a universal search. Even though it took longer, I wanted to get in a habbit of using universal search. I no longer have contacts in the quick lancher bar
    It took even longer to realize there was no need to type out my most used contacts when I could just assign them a number in speed dial. 1 is voicemail, 2 is mom, 3 is dad, and etc. I still type it out sometimes, but I'm training myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    It took even longer to realize there was no need to type out my most used contacts when I could just assign them a number in speed dial. 1 is voicemail, 2 is mom, 3 is dad, and etc. I still type it out sometimes, but I'm training myself.
    I don't use speed dial.. I see no reason to renenber 2 is dad, when da is dad. But that's just me. I can't memorize stuff, and am very forgetful, but I guess for someone with a good memory it would be easuer.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Bought Pre+ for wife and I back early April and still learning all the details... one trouble trying to figure out how to save a ringtone from a text message... otherwise, learn on the go has been a blast!
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    I don't use speed dial.. I see no reason to renenber 2 is dad, when da is dad. But that's just me. I can't memorize stuff, and am very forgetful, but I guess for someone with a good memory it would be easuer.
    I did it because it helped with using the keyboard. I had multiple numbers under some contacts (home, work, mobile) and the universal search had an annoying habit of picking the one I used the least as the default choice (the one you can pick using ENTER key). Speed dial let me use my preferred number without having to delete any others.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ceeskaz View Post
    Bought Pre+ for wife and I back early April and still learning all the details... one trouble trying to figure out how to save a ringtone from a text message... otherwise, learn on the go has been a blast!
    the way it was explained to me was that was one of the downfalls of the pre+.. unable to save media from messages...at least not audio/video
    I was used to the ringer switch from my Treo755p.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by cavscout19 View Post
    the way it was explained to me was that was one of the downfalls of the pre+.. unable to save media from messages...at least not audio/video
    I think there might be a patch flr that in preware.

if not, just forward the txt to your email and save the attachment. You can copy it to your Pre via USB cable.