1.    #1  
    Hey everyone, after reading lot of treads in this forum and realized that all I need to do is to turn off network services, turn off any connection required for my palm pre plus to use to access for any cards that need to be done in background. Everyday I goes to work where prohibits cell phones in the building and I had to turn off the phone which I hate to do it so cuz it take TIME to turn it back on lol. Now I wonder, in order to keep the battery life happy and plenty, I just gotta to make sure all cards are closed and set it in airplane mode?
    Just put the phone in airplane mode and it'll just kill all the connections. And if you need it, you can switch WiFi back on while still in airplane mode.
    Since you joined this month, it might bear repeating that your battery WILL get better over time; I don't know what it is with the precise batteries they put in the Pre, but they're more susceptible to 'training' effects than any other I've had so far. My very first battery charge was good for little over an hour; these days (six months in) my battery carries me through a day with some to spare. And that is with messaging, calendar and fliqnotes cards basically always-on...

But as zealster says, putting your Pre in airplane mode is a better choice than switching it off. Like, yesterday I had a drink too much to still qualify for taking the car home, so I crashed at a friend's place. Since he doesn't have a microUSB cable, and my battery was down to 15% when I went to bed at 2am, I put it in airplane mode (as I have a personal distaste of actually switching devices off). When I woke up at 11am, I was only down to 13%.
    Airplane mode will solve your problem. In my school i have zero bars, so in the morning i turn on airplane mode and after school i am still at 100% battery .
    Quote Originally Posted by Krab19 View Post
    Airplane mode will solve your problem. In my school i have zero bars, so in the morning i turn on airplane mode and after school i am still at 100% battery .
    are u at school for what 6 hours? and is is this with no use during the day?
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Since you joined this month, it might bear repeating that your battery WILL get better over time; I don't know what it is with the precise batteries they put in the Pre, but they're more susceptible to 'training' effects than any other I've had so far. My very first battery charge was good for little over an hour; these days (six months in) my battery carries me through a day with some to spare. And that is with messaging, calendar and fliqnotes cards basically always-on...

But as zealster says, putting your Pre in airplane mode is a better choice than switching it off. Like, yesterday I had a drink too much to still qualify for taking the car home, so I crashed at a friend's place. Since he doesn't have a microUSB cable, and my battery was down to 15% when I went to bed at 2am, I put it in airplane mode (as I have a personal distaste of actually switching devices off). When I woke up at 11am, I was only down to 13%.
    woah. i get like 8 hours with my brightness all the way down and ive had my pre plus for a month. will i get better battery life the more i use it?
    Quote Originally Posted by darker9999 View Post
    are u at school for what 6 hours? and is is this with no use during the day?
    yes for 6 hours. And it will be no to very little usage(enter something into my calender or contacts)