Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Over the past couple of weeks my Pre Plus has been dying/crashing for no apparent reason. This usually will happen when I am not using it. I will pull it out and note that it is quite warm. It then simply will not turn on at all, and requires a battery pull. Sometimes the battery has completely lost charge and sometimes it has drained considerably but not to zero.

I am on Verizon. The only apps I keep open are TXT Manager and the messaging app. I do have the original 800 mhz patch running, but it was running for a while before this started happening.

I am a physician, and it is not good if my phone, which is also my pager, just dies for no reason.

Any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by sweaner View Post
    Over the past couple of weeks my Pre Plus has been dying/crashing for no apparent reason. This usually will happen when I am not using it. I will pull it out and note that it is quite warm. It then simply will not turn on at all, and requires a battery pull. Sometimes the battery has completely lost charge and sometimes it has drained considerably but not to zero.

I am on Verizon. The only apps I keep open are TXT Manager and the messaging app. I do have the original 800 mhz patch running, but it was running for a while before this started happening.

I am a physician, and it is not good if my phone, which is also my pager, just dies for no reason.

Any thoughts?
    You may need to doctor....No pun intended.
    Last edited by vza33; 04/25/2010 at 01:53 AM.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    I think it has to something to do with the firmware. My pixi has been during random restarts since I got it last year. And the refurb I got a couple of weeks ago has been doing the same thing.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    My guess is try removing the 800mhz patch and see if that fixes it.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    go to devivce info<reset options<full erase. that seems to work for me when I have issues. It will auto=matically reinstall all palm apps afterwards but you will lose songs,photos,videos. I use this rather than doctoring (don't know if there is a difference)
    Install jstop app from homebrew and monitor which programs are running all the time to see if some rogue program is messing upo your device.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Thanks all. I will try to see if anything specific is causing the problem. I would rather not doctor or erase if I don't have to, as it is set up so well otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by sweaner View Post
    Thanks all. I will try to see if anything specific is causing the problem. I would rather not doctor or erase if I don't have to, as it is set up so well otherwise.
    I totally understand. I've had to doctor my phone twice and it kinda sucks when everything else is set up the way you want. Maybe try the partial erase first and go from there. Good luck!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    i have the crashing problem wit my palm pre it wont respond at times nd i have restart it or even pull the battery out nd i have nothin running on my phone nd my phone gets very very hot nd it has turned a top part of my screen light yellow anybody kno y this is happening