1.    #1  
    Well after my girlfriend played with my pixi for a while she fell in love with web os and she decided she wanted a palm pre cause shes into the slider phones. So she goes to best buy and the sales person told her not to get the palm pre because you can't even put your own music on it and a whole bunch of other BS that wasn't true. I really can't believe these sales people are holding palm sales back like this, no matter what my girl was like that's the phone i want and ill just go get from somewhere else.
    haha BB people suck! They always want people to get an android phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancerz View Post
    Well after my girlfriend played with my pixi for a while she fell in love with web os and she decided she wanted a palm pre cause shes into the slider phones. So she goes to best buy and the sales person told her not to get the palm pre because you can't even put your own music on it and a whole bunch of other BS that wasn't true. I really can't believe these sales people are holding palm sales back like this, no matter what my girl was like that's the phone i want and ill just go get from somewhere else.
    HAHAHAHA... It's funny, but sad..
    sounds like verizon experience. Palm needs to run their adds on tv, and not relly on sprint/verizon advertisement.
    MacBook PRO 13" 2011 i5
    TouchPad 16GB
    HP Veer on T-Mobile
    That's really disturbing to hear...at my Best Buy, two of the techs, including the manager of the Mobile department, have Pres and are really familiar with the Homebrew community and capabilities of the WebOS functions. I've witnessed them explaining the Pre and Pixi in detail and positively to potential customers. Sounds like Palm needs to have a training session at that Best Buy.
    If you want to help Palm, then I'd let Palm know whats going on and tell them the store that's doing this.

I understand Android is offering money incentives but lying about a product to convince someone to choose another product is flat out wrong and you should contact Palm about this so they can have a conversation with that Best Buy.
    My Best Buy is great I guess it all depends on your location.
    Quote Originally Posted by TNONI78 View Post
    My Best Buy is great I guess it all depends on your location.
    I think what it really depends on, is who your store manager is.

I worked in retail years ago, and I've watched what happens when stores I shop at get new managers. I actually stopped shopping at best buy all together about 4 years ago, but started going back when it was the only local place I could buy a pre. Since then, I've gone back many times, and found that my particular store got a new manager about 18 months ago, who has worked hard to keep stuff like what the OP described from happening.

I mean, they still have their ripp-off, bordering on criminal, "black-tie" protection plans, but that's corporate.
    Get her the Pre, load it with music, videos and a few 3d games. Walk in and wait till he is working with a customer, then interupt and let them know how he has no idea what he is talking about, and they would be better off talking to the carrier before purchasing the device from his manager.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    I hate to tell you this, but the last three Sprint stores I have been in, including a corporate store, have said don't buy one, Palm is going out of buiness, going bankrupt, apps suck, slow, etc. This was to both my kids who were looking for phones - pushed nothing but Androids.
    And that sucks, really, really not good for Palm sales. I would expect that from BB but not Sprint's own stores.
    Me being a Sprint customer with a Pre I went to Verizon the other day to check out whats new in the world of red. Well I walk in and no one is at the Palm station. It was kept up ok but the Pixi wasn't getting a charge because the security device was too far up the back so the Pixi could not magnetize properly but the Pre was fine.

Anyways I get a woman sales rep who comes up and asks If I need help. I just tell her I'm comparing my Pre with the Verizon Pre even though I really wasn't. I just wanted to really go in there and ask how Palms are selling. She said since the b1g1 and $50 price they have been selling like hotcakes. Nice to hear but I can see why when it has free mobile hotspot.

By the time me and her got done talking I had probably taught her about 10-15 things about the Pre. She was thankful actually lol. As a reward I guess she went and got the Droid Incredible from the back which isn't even out. It was their store demo phone but I played around with it for a while. The thing takes INSANE pictures and the texting is MUCH improved over the hero for on screen texting. I was typing really fast and It actually kept up! I will always stick with Palm for as long as they are around but that Incredible is a SEXY phone with nice features. The Moto droids sales are going to plunge!
    There are lots of stupid stories out there... I had a girl at the local Sprint store tell me she doesn't like the Pre because it takes forever to restart making the initial setup process a pain. sad.
    I'm the store manager for a Best Buy in Colorado and I assure you that there is no Android bias from the company as a whole. Because Best Buy associates are not paid on commission, you run the risk of getting some personal opinions when asking about various products. In addition, the training regiment for Best Buy Mobile associates is unmatched and it's disappointing to hear about your experience. I would definitely give a different location a shot...
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    There are lots of stupid stories out there... I had a girl at the local Sprint store tell me she doesn't like the Pre because it takes forever to restart making the initial setup process a pain. sad.
    I guess she's never had a blackberry.
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    haha BB people suck! They always want people to get an android phone.

WTH is up with that? I mean why are they pushing Android sooo much!!

Why do they think Android is all that??
    All this means is never, ever, trust a salesperson's point of view at a store. This goes for cell phones, TVs, dishwashers, cats (actually that was supposed to say cars, but... ;-) ), etc.

Do your own research, try the product as best you can on your own. Then you can't complain if something doesn't meet your needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdejavux View Post
    LOL do you work for palm? you got time to go see how the pre is selling ROFL
    Ummm excuse me? Is it a sin to have a few extra min of my time to go into Verizon and check things out?