Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Okay I've had a touchscreen dead Pre for a long time now. I've just recently tried to get my files off of it and neither my Mac or PC will recognize it as a Mass storage device! I have quick install and it works fine and that recognizes the device perfectly, but i can't access my files! I don't think its the cable because its the same one I've used before dozens of times to put files on and off of it.
    I'm thinking more a computer issue than a phone issue. Of course u tried a reboot.

ET
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Maybe but, and I've tried it on 2 different computers. Also the Pre's firmware is 1.2.1 (according to quick install)
    Not to ask a dumb or obvious question, but are you remembering to put the phone in usb mode? You mentioned quick install recognizing it, but quick install requires it to be in just charging mode. If you are, then please disregard.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Yeah, its in USB mode (AKA the whole screen in a giant USB symbol.)
    Happened to me yesterday too. hopefully there will be an answer here.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I'm trying to send it to get it replaced, but I don't want to lose all my pictures (that I stupidly didn't back up...)
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Is there anyway to turn on wifi without the screen?
    No
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dariste View Post
    Yeah, its in USB mode (AKA the whole screen in a giant USB symbol.)
    Thats not USB mode.. That's the firmware load mode..

Did you try using a RECENT WebOS doctor on the phone to try and put the OS back on? Once you get the OS on there, you should be able to put the phone in USB mode with Option + Sym + U if the touchscreen is dead.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of getting the files?
    No some webos doctors I don't remember the OS versions leave the usb partition untouched. Hopefully someone remembers them.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Okay, thanks I just need to find a doctor that saves the USB partition? You're a life saver.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    What about
    http:/ / forums.precentral . net /canuck-software/236486-webos-repair-utility-v2-01-a.html
    Would that work?
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if the current sprint erases the USB partition?
    (CRAP SORRY FOR TRIPLE POST)
    Yes it does but (don't take this as fact it's late and my memory isn't what it used to be) if I recall correctly 1.3.5.1 does not touch the partition
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    ****. I already started it because it said somewhere that it didn't erase it. Please god let it not erase...
    Have you tried pulling the battery, Then plugging it in to the computer, Then hold the up volume key, and as you are holding the up volume key put the battery back in... If i could remember that also takes you to Usb mode if the other is not working right
    oh never mind, i guess i was a little late lol, but if the rumors are correct, the newer doctors don't touch the usb portion, but of course anything will be possible
    OP best of luck and hope that 1.4.1.1 is one of those that leaves the usb partition untouched
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast