1.    #1  
    Hello was not sure what to ask sorry if this has been mentioned but me and my sister both have pre plus. I was wondering if there is a way for us to buy a app once and get it on both phones like we can with our itouches thanks in advance
    nope. thats called "stealing"
    actually if the palm profile is the same on both devices then it should work fine to restore them from one phone to the other like the iPhone when multiple users are syncing from the same iTunes. Except "Palm does it better" over the cloud.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    I concur. 2stars
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    actually if the palm profile is the same on both devices then it should work fine to restore them from one phone to the other like the iPhone when multiple users are syncing from the same iTunes. Except "Palm does it better" over the cloud.
    I don't think you're able to be logged in to a single Palm Profile on two devices.
    Has anyone be able to log one palm profile on to two devices, And what would paper-craft Steve have to say about that
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjam99 View Post
    nope. thats called "stealing"
    Not every platform considers this "stealing". And this sort of app-sharing is a major problem for getting a family to adopt webos.

Regardless of peoples personal feelings towards Apple, part of their dominance is because they made it seem "beneficial" to be caught in their ecosystem. A family can have 5 iPhone OS products on one account so your $.99 purchase is legally shared. So when it comes time to buy a new phone/mp3 player then buying another Apple product instead of a competitor makes sense since you've got $100 in apps already.
    Last edited by Urkel; 04/24/2010 at 07:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    Has anyone be able to log one palm profile on to two devices, And what would paper-craft Steve have to say about that
    I'm pretty sure when you try to log in on a second device, you get logged out of the first one.
    <--Papercraft Steve feels threatened now that he has been discovered. However, he would still like to say something. "I strongly support Palm Profile fraud. I believe in illegaly sharing apps. However, if you try this on my beloved iphone, I will have my minions hunt you down." Papercraft Steve has spoken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I'm pretty sure when you try to log in on a second device, you get logged out of the first one.
    <--Papercraft Steve feels threatened now that he has been discovered. However, he would still like to say something. "I strongly support Palm Profile fraud. I believe in illegaly sharing apps. However, if you try this on my beloved iphone, I will have my minions hunt you down." Papercraft Steve has spoken.
    Yeah that would make sense for it to do that, but do you think any one has tried it yet. I don't think i heard talk about anyone actually trying it, but i may be wrong.
    lol, didnt see that one coming
    lol, didnt see that one coming
    Yea, I've been adding white text to posts for about a week now lol. Makes things around here more interesting. Hey, lets test the profile thing. Give me your username and password and let me know what happens when I sign into your profile
    Yea, I've been adding white text to posts for about a week now lol. Makes things around here more interesting. Hey, lets test the profile thing. Give me your username and password and let me know what happens when I sign into your profile
    lol, how about you give me yours??? and you tell me what happens
    lol, how about you give me yours??? and you tell me what happens
    Well... I asked you first
    Paper Steve wants to help. Username: PaperSteveTheGod Password: moneymoneymoney
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    Not every platform considers this "stealing". And this sort of app-sharing is a major problem for getting a family to adopt webos.

Regardless of peoples personal feelings towards Apple, part of their dominance is because they made it seem "beneficial" to be caught in their ecosystem. A family can have 5 iPhone OS products on one account so your $.99 purchase is legally shared. So when it comes time to buy a new phone/mp3 player then buying another Apple product instead of a competitor makes sense since you've got $100 in apps already.
    This is exactly why I am never going to buy anything on Pre anymore :-/. My family has 4 iPod touches that we all use frequently. I have basically stopped using mine after getting the Palm Pre Plus because its so amazing. I loved having the fact that if I bought something we would all have it. However, now that I am just by myself on the Palm platform now, I can't justify buying anything at all on the App Catalog. I only got NOVA so I could have a game on the Pre. It must suck for those Pre and Pixi families out there.
    Well... I asked you first
    Paper Steve wants to help. Username: PaperSteveTheGod Password: moneymoneymoney
    it sure does make things more interesting.
    and so does Papercraft Steve
    I had never thought that palm needed a desktop software, now that i've read this, i do. I had no idea you could share apps on the iphone, and it makes sense.