1.    #1  
    otherwise it says that i have too many cards open when theres none.. Any solutions to this problem out there?
    jstop from preware, open it before running the game then when you need to open a new card run the garbage collect if you get tmc. This should work.
    restart your Pre at least once a day, I use jstop to manage stuff and it really helps. Also the overclock patches seem to have helped with this issue alot. In fact, if i do get the message(its only been 2 or 3 times) i can normally kill the data usage and then turn it back on, once i get a evdo connection i can load the game sans the too many cards message.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Same here, I have Jstop, the 800 MHz patch and several 3d games. I have no problems whatsoever. In fact, after installing those apps I was able to open 22 cards on my launch day Sprint pre. The most I ever could open before Jstop and 800MHz was 14.

Good luck
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
    I've run into the problem many times, including using jstop and 800MHz patch. I think the simple fact is that Palm either has some additional memory cleanup work to do, or the games just use too much memory to avoid this issue entirely.

Funny thing is, I remember people saying that they wanted 3D games even if it meant rebooting the phone to run them. This was before the PDK, when it seemed like such games were impossible with webOS as-is. And so, basically, those people got exactly what they asked for.

Personally, I do find it annoying. And I'd find it less annoying if the Pre took less than a minute to boot. Unfortunately, the Pre takes considerably longer.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I was browsing the web and came up on this site called crackberry. I thought palm pre/plus was the only phone that as problem. I was shock...there is more phones out there that as problem too. lmao. So now I know! LOL
    If you run the 800mhz kernel it fixed my tmc error
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Yeah the boot time is ridiculous.
    Luna is much better. A luna restart takes half the time (actually like 30 sec?) and it just reboots the graphical user interface.

Anyway, the 800mhz kernel does provide a pretty good solution to the TMC error.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    Yeah the boot time is ridiculous.
    Luna is much better. A luna restart takes half the time (actually like 30 sec?) and it just reboots the graphical user interface.

Anyway, the 800mhz kernel does provide a pretty good solution to the TMC error.
    Great point about Luna Manager, forgot about it (and installing as soon as I'm done with this post). But, the 800MHz kernel has done nothing for me in terms of memory errors, or at least not so much that I've noticed a difference.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I have jstop,,no overclocking,,and I have not got a to many cards mesg in a very very long time
    I installed the advance options in launcher menu patch. And running garbage collectors takes care of the problem.
    It also has alot to do with what you have on your pre, example switcharoo and youview are going to run in the background at certain times. During those times your using more memory than others, granted only for a short period of time.....
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    It also has alot to do with what you have on your pre, example switcharoo and youview are going to run in the background at certain times. During those times your using more memory than others, granted only for a short period of time.....
    Another good point. I do believe that Switcharoo does use a bit of memory and perhaps doesn't do the best job of releasing it. I think I'll remove it and see if that helps.