Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By diosif
  • 1 Post By gizmo21
  1.    #1  
    Hello,
    there is a way to change your QWERTZ pre permanently (http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...d-mapping.html) BUT
    i have to let you know the way I did it since many might find it simple and convenient...
    So, all you have to do is to install a Terminal app (e.g. Terminus). You can install it through Preware. Then run it and type on it the followin commands

setkeycodes 07 44
    setkeycodes 14 21

Voila: z is y and vice versa. The pitfall is that after a reboot (not Luna or Java restart) you have to type those two commands again in Terminus.
    I hope some find this tip usefull...

The commands can be typed in via Novaterm too...
    Last edited by diosif; 04/24/2010 at 06:59 PM.
    Rnp, Titan078 and The Bard like this.
    On Pre2 or better webos 2 you can do this via SDLTerminal. The downside to this is is that also the OPT Symbols of these 2 keys change * and ( , but for me it's ok until the first doctoring and changing it permanently.

i wrote a little shellscript to do the work, be sure to use linux linebreaks (e.g. in Internalz text editor)

create tasta.sh under /usr/bin and make it executable

Code:
    #! /bin/sh
    setkeycodes 14 21
    setkeycodes 07 44
    echo "Tastatur umgestellt"
    if there is an easy way to add this to luna start it would be great.
    Last edited by gizmo21; 09/12/2011 at 02:32 AM.
    Titan078 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by diosif View Post
    So, all you have to do is to install a Terminal app (e.g. Terminus). You can install it through Preware. Then run it and type on it the followin commands

setkeycodes 07 44
    setkeycodes 14 21
    Wow! Thanks! That worked pretty well. Now how to turn that into an autorun script or app that can work with Mode Switcher..?
    Thanks for the two posts. I am awaiting my AZERTY keyboard and can't wait to turn it into a QWERTY. I am familiar with Preware and will install Terminus and attempt to run the first set of info. I'm not sure what the second poster means about the shellscript. Also, how did you figure out which keycode is which letter?
    Maybe Patch can do this? I hope there will be a patch that can solve this problem.
    well to sum it up - there won't be patch i think as the permanent method is to patch it at meta-doctor level discripted here: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...d-mapping.html

But as this implies a complete doctor of the device, i for now prefer the non-permanent method of manually changing the keycodes after reboot as discripted above. As i am a lazy guy i wrote that shellscript so i only have to type in tasta.sh in sdl-terminal and the two commands execute automatically (but this is optional for the lazy guys knowing what a shellscript is and what chmod means).
    A setkeycode table is uploaded here: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2124757

So for those getting new devices and are familiar with webos doctor - perhaps the permanent (but reversable) WebOS Internals method is best. For those that want to try it first or don't want to doctor atm the non-permanent could be the way.

Please search the forum first, we already have a lot of info here
    gizmo21, scancodes and keycodes are different on the Pre3 / webOS 2.2, see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    On Pre2 or better webos 2 you can do this via SDLTerminal. The downside to this is is that also the OPT Symbols of these 2 keys change * and ( , but for me it's ok until the first doctoring and changing it permanently.

i wrote a little shellscript to do the work, be sure to use linux linebreaks (e.g. in Internalz text editor)

create tasta.sh under /usr/bin and make it executable

Code:
    #! /bin/sh
    setkeycodes 14 21
    setkeycodes 07 44
    echo "Tastatur umgestellt"
    if there is an easy way to add this to luna start it would be great.
    I tried your manual here for my Pre 3, I have two questions, Hope you don't mind answer.
    How to make tasta.sh executable?
    What is the meaning of Tastatur umgestellt?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    I tried your manual here for my Pre 3, I have two questions, Hope you don't mind answer.
    How to make tasta.sh executable?
    What is the meaning of Tastatur umgestellt?

Thanks!
    chmod +x tata.sh