Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Palm Developer conference is underway. They just announced support for Audio/Video recording.
    Finally I can speak to my phone. Do google search, call numbers ....
    Hurray.
  2. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    This will make Pre on par with almost all the phones out there in terms of features.
    Voice recording will be nice. Voice dialing would be even nicer.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Are we really getting that mythical mic api? I'm excited... We've been waiting for that for so long.
  5. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    The API will be released in the new SDK which is expected before fall. Developers can do pretty much anything they want to. Dial a phone number. Open a photo, Search internet, play music , Open GPS,
    Shazam ......... the list goes on. While other platforms have this feature, this is huge deal for Pre. We might see few hundred apps coming WebOS way. Hopefully all existing iPhone voice apps can be ported .
  6. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Are we really getting that mythical mic api? I'm excited... We've been waiting for that for so long.
    Yes indeed. We just have to know the dates. I hope it will be in next couple of months.
  7. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    My Pre got all the features compared to WinMo,Android, iPhone, with only one missing feature. I don't like to type numbers while driving. Prefer Bluetooth voice dialing. I can't wait!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    There is an app in Preware that let's you dial (or other tasks) from gestures. For example, shake the phone up and down to call home. Twist it to call the office, etc. Perhaps that would help you for now if voice dialing is an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    There is an app in Preware that let's you dial (or other tasks) from gestures. For example, shake the phone up and down to call home. Twist it to call the office, etc. Perhaps that would help you for now if voice dialing is an issue.
    I guess the gesture app makes sense if you drive around with the gesture app open but really only works for those you set up for and if that's the case its easier and more logical to just use launch point.
    Well, the microphone api is going to be released in the next SDK according to the live blog stream from P|C. So now can everyone stop asking when the mic api will be released. And the camera/video api is already out. Think about it. And devs will be able to do combo pdk/sdk apps. Woot. Devs have said this before but webOS is definitely the easiest and best platform to develop for.

I suspect we're going to see some nice apps coming in the next several months.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    My Pre got all the features compared to WinMo,Android, iPhone, with only one missing feature. I don't like to type numbers while driving. Prefer Bluetooth voice dialing. I can't wait!!!
    I have it connected to my Garmin Nuvi, and I dial from my 4.3" GPS display. Keeps my eyes on the road, and makes it really simple to call because I can choose from lists like "recently dialed" or "missed calls".

I didn't use voice dialing on my previous Palm phones (Centro, Treo) because I found it inaccurate and frustrating.

I don't actually use the GPS speakerphone (nothing worse than a blue tooth speaker phone at highway speed). I either connect a microphone, or I click the button that takes it off speakerphone so I can talk through the handset.

I know that's not what you are asking for, but it works for me. Adapted, Improvise, and Overcome...
    yes about time good news
    In The Fall?
    --Marvin
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    In The Fall?
    before fall. That's from the liveblog.
  15. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    In The Fall?
    hopefully in the summer. Palm should not wait that long. It will help beef up their ap store.
    hopefully in the summer. Palm should not wait that long. It will help beef up their ap store.
    devs will get the beta os/sdk/pdk before fall. based on how fast devs can turn over apps, you may see these apps that take advantage of the new stuff by late summer or Sept.
    Ugh, you made it seem like it was coming out today! Summer is to long.
    I'm guessing Skype will be possible now?
    Does this mean anything in terms of earpiece as well? I am really looking forward to being able to use YouMail and listen to voicemail on something other than speaker.
    Yea, i just read the blog, i'm really excited about the speed improvements. Some like javascript improvements i did not fully comprehend, are coming by fall, but others like webgl we don't have time frame for yet.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast