1.    #1  
    Could someone help me, I have converted the movie files I want to watch on my phone to mp4, h264 or whatever and nothing. I created a folder called My Vids and when I disconnect the pre from my laptop the file is nowhere to be seen. Do I need to download a video viewer for the pre or something? If it makes a difference I have a verizon Pre and have had it less than a month. I have been a loyal blackberry user for years and will never go back. This phone rocks, the interface is so easy to use and learn. I'm just having this one issue with watching movies.

I have used Any Video Converter and Handbrake. I'm sure it's not the converting process and I've followed the step by step instructions on this forum for converting SEVERAL times. Any help would be really appreciated.
    It sounds like you're doing everything right. However, if the movies are DRM protected, the Pre won't be able to play them.
    What converter are you using? Is there an option to convert to be viewed on Ipod? If there is, it should work afterward.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    When you open the video's application, it doesn't show anything? No videos listed?

My videos are stored in media/internal/mp4 .

When I start the video's application, it shows "Loaded Videos". When I tap that, it lists the videos in my video directory.

If the video's application does not show anything, can you see the videos using Internals?
    FWIW, I couldn't find a movie that I converted using Handbrake. On a whim, I took out a "-" that was part of it's title, and it was then recognized by my Pre. No clue why it made a difference, but it did. YMMV.
    Can you see Videos you take with the pre? Are they listed in the video app?

Can you see videos taken with a digital camera, then converted to Pre?

What videos are you trying to see? And what was the original form you converted them from?

If they are commercial DVD;s you have to first decrypt them before converting..
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by japark View Post
    When you open the video's application, it doesn't show anything? No videos listed?

My videos are stored in media/internal/mp4 .

When I start the video's application, it shows "Loaded Videos". When I tap that, it lists the videos in my video directory.

If the video's application does not show anything, can you see the videos using Internals?
    It shows the videos I've taken with the phone itself and a loaded video. I'm still learning the phone and not sure how to access files other than tapping on the front page applications. I bring up the menu and tap videos. There it gives me video roll and loaded videos. But the movie is not there.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Can you see Videos you take with the pre? Are they listed in the video app?

Can you see videos taken with a digital camera, then converted to Pre?

What videos are you trying to see? And what was the original form you converted them from?

If they are commercial DVD;s you have to first decrypt them before converting..
    Yes I can see videos I've taken with the phone and they are listed in the video app. I haven't put videos on from an outside camera if that's what you mean. To take videos, I bring up the digital camera, then tap on the little video recorder icon. All the videos I have recorded that way show up under video roll. I put two movies on to pre-occupy my children when we're at the store or somewhere I need a little help. They are movies that I have ripped from Redbox into .avi format. Then I take the avi and have tried to convert it both to mpeg-4 and the h264. Nothing....
  9.    #9  
    Thanks for your help guys...I really appreciate it.
    I've never been able to convert movies on the pre and I've tried all the free programs, either it takes to dam long or it gives me and error upon playback ...very frustrating

I've tried iphone, and pre native defaults too
  11.    #11  
    Do I need to download a player to my phone?
    I did it fine with my Pre. I put several movies onto my Pre. I used handbreak to convert it to view on Ipod as I said earlier.

What converter are you using?
    how are you naming the files? I've found even mp3 file names have to be short without any special characters or spaces. Think old DOS naming convention and you might get them to work.
    If you are going to rip movies you from rentals you need you can't use Handbrake right off the bat because of DRM. You first need to use a program like DVDShrink (free) to strip the DRM protection, and then use Handbrake. I do this all the time with no issues (except with some of the brand new titles since they are using new DRM encoding).

Pull the main movie off of the disk with DVDShrink, then use Handbrake to convert it to whatever format you want and you should be good to go. If you have questions on how to use DVDShrink - there is a great FAQ on their website showing step-by-step directions.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    There needs to be an AVI player for this device like, a year ago. Seriously.
  16.    #16  
    I've tried handbrake and any video converter. Both converted the files but my pre doesn't show them.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    If you are going to rip movies you from rentals you need you can't use Handbrake right off the bat because of DRM. You first need to use a program like DVDShrink (free) to strip the DRM protection, and then use Handbrake. I do this all the time with no issues (except with some of the brand new titles since they are using new DRM encoding).

Pull the main movie off of the disk with DVDShrink, then use Handbrake to convert it to whatever format you want and you should be good to go. If you have questions on how to use DVDShrink - there is a great FAQ on their website showing step-by-step directions.
    I use Magic DVD Suite to rip the redbox movies, then I have used Handbrake and Any Video Converter to turn into mpeg-4 or h264 files. I verified that the files have been converted correctly. The issue is that my pre, once taken out of usb mode, does not show the files anywhere on the phone. Maybe I'll try renaming them as someone mentioned earlier....it's not the video conversion stage.
    file format is not enough. If you ripped any of those movies in a resolution bigger than the Pre's screen resolution, they won't play either (though I can't remember if they'll at least show up in the video menu or not).