1.    #1  
    How does everyone hold their Pre wheb they are typing, especially one-handed? I find it easier to hold the phone flat when using one hand...like going along with the way the back is curved. However, when I do that it seems like the screen is harder to see. I know the other way to hold the phone when typing is like straighg up vertically, but sometimes it sucks doing it like that because I have the Body Gloves case and it blocks off the top row of buttons. How does everyone on here type? Also, does everyone here use the edge fingergtips to type, or like the entire fingertip? I find that when I hold the phone along with the curve (flat) that I can use my entire fingertip (except for the top row).

This took like 5 mins to type on my Pre lol. It seems like keys are getting harder to type on over time too. Anyone else notice this?
    Personally, I hold it around the keyboard in my right hand if I need to type one-handed, because as a right-handed person I type faster. Usually I prefer to handle it in my left hand if I'm not typing though, easier to swipe around and stuff. But if I'm going to be typing a long message, like I am this one, I hold it in my left and bring my right hand over to help type. It's the fastest way.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    i actually rest the base of the pre on the edge of my ring finger and use my thumb to type
    like this

4.    #4  
    [QUOTE=Vimick;2402210]i actually rest the base of the pre on the edge of my ring finger and use my thumb to type
    like this

[URL=

Wow...dunno how how can do that. How fast can you type while holding it like that? That would be too hard for me to do with it resting on just one finger. Seems like I canr find a comfortable style to type fast with....and I've beem a Pre user for a while now. Also...do you guys press each key individually, or just press in the area where the key is you want to press but press a bunch of letters at the same time?

*EDIT* Actually...after looking at that picture closer, I realize that I hold my phone the same way lol. It just looked like you had a really long index finger, but now I can see that that is your middle finger. How fast can you type? I think me having the freaking Body Glove case is what is hurting me also. But I'm starting to hold the phone more verticall because it gives me more access to the keys. I'm just trying to find a style that allows me to look at the screen while typing also.
    Last edited by jrdatrackstar; 04/24/2010 at 11:48 AM.
    Are you guys practicing for when Flash comes out?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwm3 View Post
    Are you guys practicing for when Flash comes out?
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdatrackstar View Post
    Huh?
    I don't get it either, but I think he might be talking about using one hand to stroke something while using the other hand to hold and type on the Pre while watching **** flash videos.
    Would be funny if you could watch video on the Pre in portrait. I type one hand alot: carrying groceries, luggage, a kid, using another phone at the same time, or driving. I'm getting better, can type type short messages or universal searches without looking at the keyboard. I hold the phone the same way, using it 1H or 2H, fore and index finger(s) supporting the bottom of the phone and ring and pinkie supporting the back of the keyboard.

Is there a WPM checker for webOS?
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I hold it just like Vimik's picture above, and my thumbnail is what I use to type.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    I hold it with one hand and type with the edge of my thumb. When I used two hands I type with more of my finger tips. Anybody keys peeling off on the corners?
    wow, i always hold and type with both hands.

ET
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdatrackstar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vimick View Post
    i actually rest the base of the pre on the edge of my ring finger and use my thumb to type
    like this

Wow...dunno how how can do that. How fast can you type while holding it like that? That would be too hard for me to do with it resting on just one finger. Seems like I canr find a comfortable style to type fast with....and I've beem a Pre user for a while now. Also...do you guys press each key individually, or just press in the area where the key is you want to press but press a bunch of letters at the same time?

*EDIT* Actually...after looking at that picture closer, I realize that I hold my phone the same way lol. It just looked like you had a really long index finger, but now I can see that that is your middle finger. How fast can you type? I think me having the freaking Body Glove case is what is hurting me also. But I'm starting to hold the phone more verticall because it gives me more access to the keys. I'm just trying to find a style that allows me to look at the screen while typing also.
    i can actually type fairly fast like that. almost as fast as with two hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vimick View Post
    like this

Mostly like this, but with more melanin.
    Prē