Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Sorry, it's been a long day. For some reason my computer won't recognize my Pre anymore and Novacom is messed up and all sorts of fun.

But just to clarify, do I just need to install the patch and that does the rest, or do I need to copy the phone_back_speaker.txt that you posted on the first page of the thread to /etc/audio/b/ as well as install the patch? Cuz if we just need to install the patch, then I need to send the original .txt file back to my phone lol.

I hope that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by jc-Treo View Post
    Just re-read your post.

I think you have two different things here. One is the replacement file which you would put in the /etc/audio/b folder.

The other is the patch, which you apply using WebOS QI. When you apply the patch, the file gets modified. In other words, the patch file is some code the tells the system how to modify the file. The patch file is not the same as the modified .txt file.

Hope that makes sense!
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iamkevint View Post
    Sorry, it's been a long day. For some reason my computer won't recognize my Pre anymore and Novacom is messed up and all sorts of fun.

But just to clarify, do I just need to install the patch and that does the rest, or do I need to copy the phone_back_speaker.txt that you posted on the first page of the thread to /etc/audio/b/ as well as install the patch? Cuz if we just need to install the patch, then I need to send the original .txt file back to my phone lol.

I hope that makes sense.
    Yep- two different animals. If you use the patch, it needs to see the original file there. If going the other route and replacing the file, then you do not use the patch.

Good luck!
    Sorry to revive but does anyone have anything to increase ringtone volume?
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bushdiverq View Post
    Sorry to revive but does anyone have anything to increase ringtone volume?
    Since ring tones are individual files, the easiest way is just to adjust the volume level of the file itself.

If you do some searching, you should find some threads about software that will do this.

Hope that helps!
    You know, if you just put the phone down on a wooden surface or even cup the phone with your palm so the speaker is facing into your palm, or any surface, the volume increases at a significant decibel level.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Thanks for putting this together.

This mod is only for the back speaker when on a call (i.e., speaker phone). (Keep in mind everyone, you can easily blow out the Pre's tiny speaker!)

If anyone wants some other volumes raised I can look into. Never could get bluetooth a2dp to work.

Cheers!
    I am using using BlueAnt Q1 and after updating to latest Palm Pre specific firmware have a2dp working on it.
    if that only changes speakerphone how can I increase media playback volume.
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    if that only changes speakerphone how can I increase media playback volume.
    Media playback through the back speaker? Or media playback through wired headphones?
    Since ring tones are individual files, the easiest way is just to adjust the volume level of the file itself.

If you do some searching, you should find some threads about software that will do this.

Hope that helps!
    This is wired. I get errors when trying to install the back speaker patch.
    Hopefully someone develops a way i can increase my ringtone volume. I like whats going on in here!
    Any help here?
    Media playback through the back speaker? Or media playback through wired headphones?
    back speaker
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    This is wired. I get errors when trying to install the back speaker patch.
    Hopefully someone develops a way i can increase my ringtone volume. I like whats going on in here!
    Hello.

I am thinking any error might be in how you are using webOSQI. Maybe double check the instructions? Make sure the pre is in developer mode?

I don't think the back speaker patch will affect ring tones, its only for when you use the speaker phone during a call.

To increase ringtones, there are threads about how to modify the mp3 files that the ringtones are in to increase their volume.

Good luck!
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    back speaker
    in /etc/audio/b there is a file called media_back_speaker.txt

In there, you will see a number of instances where register 0x1a is set to 0x33

I would try changing those to set 0x1a to 0x03

Its only a guess, but that is the same register I changed to increase the volume when playing media through wired headsets. Be careful, I think its pretty easy to blow out that back speaker!

Hope that helps!
    Hello.

I am thinking any error might be in how you are using webOSQI. Maybe double check the instructions? Make sure the pre is in developer mode?

I don't think the back speaker patch will affect ring tones, its only for when you use the speaker phone during a call.

To increase ringtones, there are threads about how to modify the mp3 files that the ringtones are in to increase their volume.

Good luck!
    i always have dev mode enabled.
    It shows me an error when i try to install the patch. Also, is there a way to increase the volume of media that plays from the phone's speaker?...For example music, video volume.
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    i always have dev mode enabled.
    It shows me an error when i try to install the patch. Also, is there a way to increase the volume of media that plays from the phone's speaker?...For example music, video volume.
    I am not certain, but you can try what I posted in post #74. Its just a guess!
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I believe the correct answer for your speaker problem can be found here.
    Miracle-Ear Digital Hearing Aids and Hearing Loss Solutions
    My speaker works fine...
    To Honor With Dignity- USAF Honor Guard
    post #6. sorry
    post #7 sorry
    post 8
    post 9
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast