Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mamouton! I think you got it! It only works for the speaker phone which is perfect! I will let you know how it is working but for now it seems great! I would like to make a donation to you...How?
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    nice...I'm definitely trying this when I get home.

Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    I am so hopeful for a fix! When this hack works the speaker phone is perfect!
    Can you explain again exactly what the problem is and how I can recreate it?

I have been using this for 6+ months and I do not think I have ever had a problem.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by jc-Treo View Post
    Can you explain again exactly what the problem is and how I can recreate it?

I have been using this for 6+ months and I do not think I have ever had a problem.

Thanks.
    The volume would be raised for everything...Media, ringer, speakerphone. BUT Then volume would randomly drop. Then, the ringer would be very low and I would miss phone calls. The volume would not increase unless I made a phone call on speaker and closed it by flicking the screen. So far this patch seems perfect for me because it only works for the speaker phone. No bugs found
    Because of you increased volume was created! Thanks!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    JC-Treo. I think we both misunderstood luismedina. He got the original files from the doctor and put them on his phone. He did not put the modded files back on after the bug. (I think thats what he said)

I sent that new attached file to my pre that you put up today and I am having the same issues. The file works for all the volume settings. Thanks!
    Yeap, that's what i do to restore the original files, excuse my bad english xD.
    Quote Originally Posted by luismedina View Post
    Yeap, that's what i do to restore the original files, excuse my bad english xD.
    Try the patch! very nice
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    The volume would be raised for everything...Media, ringer, speakerphone. BUT Then volume would randomly drop. Then, the ringer would be very low and I would miss phone calls. The volume would not increase unless I made a phone call on speaker and closed it by flicking the screen. So far this patch seems perfect for me because it only works for the speaker phone. No bugs found
    Because of you increased volume was created! Thanks!
    Well that's great to hear!

In the last version I uploaded, and the one that I assume went into the patch, I only tweaked one of the registers. (I think I went over board originally when I tweaked 3 different ones. I was just guess on two of them and, since I did not have any issues, I just left them in.)

Best of luck to you!
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Is this mod only for speakerphone when on a call or for media as well?
    Thanks for putting this together.

This mod is only for the back speaker when on a call (i.e., speaker phone). (Keep in mind everyone, you can easily blow out the Pre's tiny speaker!)

If anyone wants some other volumes raised I can look into. Never could get bluetooth a2dp to work.

Cheers!
    Try the patch! very nice
    Installing the patch right now, If any issue appear, I will let you know ASAP

This mod is only for the back speaker when on a call (i.e., speaker phone). (Keep in mind everyone, you can easily blow out the Pre's tiny speaker!)

If anyone wants some other volumes raised I can look into. Never could get bluetooth a2dp to work.

Cheers!
    I am looking for the bluetooth a2dp hack. I tried the media headset and it seemed to increase volume. If you find the files for the bluetooth I will make the patch.

Cheers!
    Have you tried to modify this file? If I knew enough about the settings I would give it a try.

media_a2dp.txt
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Have you tried to modify this file? If I knew enough about the settings I would give it a try.

media_a2dp.txt
    Yes I sure did! Tweaked what I thought were the relevant registers, but I could not get anything to work.

I am thinking a2dp might work differently because the audio is actually sent in a digital format to the headset.
    Oh I would so love to be able to turn bluetooth up. Do you know how to change the master volume level?
    I installed the patch developed by mamouton, not problem at all, not even random volume drops, it's fine for me =D

Thanks a lot!
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Wow guys- you have really found some solutions here- I can wait to try these (hope I'm competent to do this).
    My main concern was the audio in media apps- the chief offender was Sprint TV (fox news)- very low sound compared to say Slacker radio.
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Oh I would so love to be able to turn bluetooth up. Do you know how to change the master volume level?
    Wish I could. None of the registers in the a2dp txt file seem to have any affect. I did not try the file for regular bluetooth/phone calls. Maybe I should take a look at that one.

I do not think there is any master volume adjustment. At least none that I have found.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    When you guys applied this patch via QI, did you guys rename it to media_back_speaker.txt or did you leave the file the way it was?

You guys also sent it to the /etc/audio/b/ folder right?

Cuz I personally don't notice a difference.

Here is the back speaker patch. Let me know if it works!

Is this mod only for speakerphone when on a call or for media as well?
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iamkevint View Post
    When you guys applied this patch via QI, did you guys rename it to media_back_speaker.txt or did you leave the file the way it was?

Reboot?

And, it only changes the highest volume setting.
    thats exactly how i installed it!
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iamkevint View Post

Just re-read your post.

I think you have two different things here. One is the replacement file which you would put in the /etc/audio/b folder.

The other is the patch, which you apply using WebOS QI. When you apply the patch, the file gets modified. In other words, the patch file is some code the tells the system how to modify the file. The patch file is not the same as the modified .txt file.

Hope that makes sense!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast