Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    hmmm all of a sudden all the volume levels turn low. I go to sounds and ringtones and see how they sound and they are low. I then make a phone call and they are back to extra loud and awesome. I check them out again on sounds and ringtones and they are loud and awesome. Then randomly they all switch to low volume. Even if I raise to the m,ax volume on Sound and rintones they are still low...til i make the phone call

I wish that were not the case!
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    hmmm all of a sudden all the volume levels turn low. I go to sounds and ringtones and see how they sound and they are low. I then make a phone call and they are back to extra loud and awesome. I check them out again on sounds and ringtones and they are loud and awesome. Then randomly they all switch to low volume. Even if I raise to the m,ax volume on Sound and rintones they are still low...til i make the phone call

I wish that were not the case!
    I'm having the same problem. I was scared sheetless and thought my speaker phone was busted. What happens is if i'm listening to Pandora and I get a phone call it rings loud and nice, but once the call ends Pandora is really low and the system sounds do not work. I forgot what i installed, but i think i used one txt file for both the headphone and back speaker. Was this ok...? If not what are the proper txt files to use for each the head phones & rear speaker. Thanks!
    you can always use web os repair utility and restore the file. tworks like a charm. Hopefully this can turn into a working patch!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Black SER View Post
    I'm having the same problem. I was scared sheetless and thought my speaker phone was busted. What happens is if i'm listening to Pandora and I get a phone call it rings loud and nice, but once the call ends Pandora is really low and the system sounds do not work. I forgot what i installed, but i think i used one txt file for both the headphone and back speaker. Was this ok...? If not what are the proper txt files to use for each the head phones & rear speaker. Thanks!
    Sorry for any problems.

I tried this as you said, and could not recreate the problem. I ran pandora and listened using the back speaker, pick up a phone call (tried both using the front speaker and the back speaker), hung up, and it went back to pandora. It sounded fine to me.

Sorry I can't help more!
    thanks for your help. Maybe one day some patcher can patch this!
    I am willing to make the patch if someone posts the changes to the file here. I don't know enough about the different setreg 0x08 0x00 settings to try to change.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Is this the same volume issue that is associated with the volume in your "ear" when using the phone?? I have a hard time hearing the person on the other end of the phone call at times.
    Palm Pre OS 1.4.5 500/1000 MHz--Provider:Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by cfclay View Post
    I'm not a geek, but I've been a heavy user of these things for many years. I'll say the speaker is better than probably I-phone or any android device I've had. Blackberry's though, seem to really have the speaker thing down though.
    I not seeing this. My son has an iPhone. When he is playing music in his room with the door closed, I can hear his phone through out the house and usually have to yell at him to turn it down. My Pre on the other hand, even with the volume turned up full, can't be heard outside my bedroom with the door closed . Not only is his phone louder, but the sound is also much cleaner.
    can someone please help Mamouton? His work is excellent and he would develop the patch! I truly wish I knew more about programming!
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    can someone please help Mamouton? His work is excellent and he would develop the patch! I truly wish I knew more about programming!
    Hello.

I am attaching the modified file. You will see my changes at the end of the file along with my comment.

This file is a replacement for /etc/audio/b/phone_back_speaker.txt

The only change is that the last setreg 0x14 is 31 rather than 2b

In the earlier version I posted, I had also set two other registers. In this version, I removed that. I do not think it is needed and might possibly be the source of the problem with volume mentioned earlier in this thread.

Hope that helps!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Someone can post an unaltered, original files?? I have some problems like to share with you after verifying that indeed is a problem?? I installed both speaker and headset files, everythings "fine", it works, but, when unpluggin my headset the speaker stop working, to fix this i need to do a "call" to a random number, press "speaker" button in the call screen, hang up and then it works fine, but, when i plug my headset/headphones again, the problem continue.
    Forget my last post, i restored the original files with WebOS Doctor, the problem is gone, i recomend to take note of this for future patch versions, i instaled thre moddified files: media_back_speaker, phone_back_speaker and media_headset .txt files, but now restored the problem it's gone with success
    Quote Originally Posted by luismedina View Post
    Forget my last post, i restored the original files with WebOS Doctor, the problem is gone, i recomend to take note of this for future patch versions, i instaled thre moddified files: media_back_speaker, phone_back_speaker and media_headset .txt files, but now restored the problem it's gone with success
    I also doctored but had the same problems. Are you using *new* modded updated files?
    I also doctored but had the same problems. Are you using *new* modded updated files?

No, I dont doctored, just extracted the files in the .jar files by renaming it to .rar, extracted the files, and replaced with WOSQI, i dont installed the modded again after this
    Thanks! Can u please post your attached files so I can do what you did? Thanks a lot!!!!!
    Thanks! Can u please post your attached files so I can do what you did? Thanks a lot!!!!!
    Of course! here are the original files, obtained from Web OS Doctor 1.4.0 but compatible with 1.4.1.1 (Sprint Pre with Iusacell in Mexico)
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Hello.

You had a modified version of media_back_speaker.txt file? I do not recall any modifications to that file being discussed. Do you have a copy of the modified version?

Thank you!
    JC-Treo. I think we both misunderstood luismedina. He got the original files from the doctor and put them on his phone. He did not put the modded files back on after the bug. (I think thats what he said)

I sent that new attached file to my pre that you put up today and I am having the same issues. The file works for all the volume settings. Thanks!
    I am so hopeful for a fix! When this hack works the speaker phone is perfect!
    Here is the back speaker patch. Let me know if it works!

Is this mod only for speakerphone when on a call or for media as well?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast