Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    As i've just had the PPP for 3 days, i'm downloading homebrew apps, and for most of them there is a URL provided that i am instructed to "copy and paste" in to an on-device dowload app like filecoaster".

I have filecoaster installed, and can acces the File URL screen where there is space for a URL to download, BUT ... how do i get the URL from the app download page to filecoaster?

When i touch the URL for the app on my PPP, it is highlighted yellow. But what do i do to copy that URL and then paste in to to the Filecoaster URL space?
    download preware.
    To copy, you have to do a metatap (press near the gesture area, it should light up) and push C. Then to paste, do a metatap and hit P.

But yes, using Preware is easier, and it can handle more things.
    Preware >Filecoaster

No offense to Filecoaster developer. They were at the forefront when this thing jumped off.
    Prē
    I'm also suggesting Preware. Filecoaster was at the forefront of homebrew distribution back in the day. Since then, Preware was developed and it is by far a better app.

Here is a link to get you up and running:
    http://www.precentral.net/getting-started-preware
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Fellas, i do have preware and have used it successfully. I was just wondering how to do the cut/paste thing with filecoaster since i have that too.

Guess i'll just use preware in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenj View Post
    Fellas, i do have preware and have used it successfully. I was just wondering how to do the cut/paste thing with filecoaster since i have that too.

Guess i'll just use preware in the future.
    Oh ok. All the homebrew apps on Precentral are also available in Preware.

For Filecoaster, you ned to copy and past the link into the app. To do this, select the link using the Shift button (the up arrow on the keyboard). Hold a finger on the gesture area and hit the 'C' key. That will copy the highlighted text. Go into Filecoaster and tap in the link field. Hold a finger on the gesture area and hit the 'V' key to paste.