1.    #1  
    For the first time, this is what I did today.

I installed WebOS QI 3.12 on PC followed by Preware and then Luna Restart.

Then I downloaded the super prekernel app (both ipks). I dragged the files into the WebOS QI in specified order (small file first). Installed them.

Then I installed the device temperature warning patch via webos QI online repository and performed luna restart. Then I checked the cpuinfo it was 500 as expected. I started the SPK app. It showed me the correct cpu info.

Then i went ahead and clicked install 800mhz kernel. It went ahead and said installing custom kernel. After the installation and phone reboot, i checked via the linux command line that the bogomips speed = 597.xx. Why is it showing 600 when I installed 800?

When i restart the SPK app, it gives me option to uninstall custom kernel, install 720, install 600 luna, and 550 luna. So the app thinks it installed 800. However, the damn bogomips show
    597 instead of 798.

I tried it without the temp patch. BTW, I have no other home brew app or patches. Same result.

Please help. This is driving me crazy. My first day with homebrew stuff and not the result I was hoping for. I need snappy palm pre...

Thanks.
    Last edited by palmpre06062009; 04/24/2010 at 04:37 AM.
    I think it is an error with the app at this moment of time. If you contact the developer he might be able to tell you when there will be a fix or he might be unaware of the problem so either way its worth contacting him.
    Go to the thread, there are issues with the install on some, calling it the 600 club. I didn't read thoroughly since mine installed correctly, but read through the long thread, there are discussions and offers of assistance which has corrected your problem.

I know its frustrating, been there, done that, there are some fun things to add to your phone, but it does take patience and time to figure out sometimes. Your solution is in the long thread and they will help you rather than wait here.
    Good luck
    You should have posted this in the SuperKernel thread. Actually, you should have read the SuperKernel thread.

The answer is there are some phones that don't accept the patch and if you pm caj2008, he will fix you up. At least 1/2 of the thread deals with this issue.
  5.    #5  
    Thansk for the info. I agree i should have read the whole thread. I didn't. Let me do it now. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    You should have posted this in the SuperKernel thread. Actually, you should have read the SuperKernel thread.

The answer is there are some phones that don't accept the patch and if you pm caj2008, he will fix you up. At least 1/2 of the thread deals with this issue.
    Correct... I had the same problem installing the 800Mhz kernel yesterday. I PM'd Caj, he emailed me with instructions on how to fix the issue, and tadaaa.. 800Mhz.

I've since installed the CPU scaler, as riding at full 800 all the time was chewing through the battery pretty quickly.