Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    how do i check to make sure the 720 patch installed correctly and that i am actually running at that speed?
    copy and paste this into commandline "cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq"
    (without quotations of course)
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I'm a noob so i have to ask: where is this command line located? How do i access it?

Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    copy and paste this into commandline "cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq"
    (without quotations of course)
    Commandline is a linux commandline directly to your pre and has become known as "rooting" and can be opened through quickinstall
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    1. open webOSQI
    2. go to 'Tools > Linux Commandline'
    3. type 'cat /proc/cpuinfo'

Your processor's speed will be listed at the top, to the right of 'BOGOMIPS speed:' it should read 796.91.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I typed this in and the answer is "720000" so i guess i'm good. Sure seems faster.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Yup, you're good the number I put in my post above was for the 800MHz patch, sorry if this confused you.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
    LOL... Should you really be scaling your device if you aren't reading the full threads that walk you thought these things?
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    LOL... Should you really be scaling your device if you aren't reading the full threads that walk you thought these things?
    It says in the very first post of instructions how to check the speed. People installing overclocking kernals should at least read the complete instructions.
    you can also check your speed through terminus on your pre

cat /proc/cpuinfo
    i finally decided to install the Overclock 800MHz kernel from unixpsycho's site...

went into WOSQI>Tools>Linux Commandline

and entered: cat /proc/cpuinfo

Only my sprint pre says: BogoMIPS: 408.54

any ideas?

THX IN ADVANCE!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jhernandez8432 View Post
    i finally decided to install the Overclock 800MHz kernel from unixpsycho's site...

went into WOSQI>Tools>Linux Commandline

and entered: cat /proc/cpuinfo

Only my sprint pre says: BogoMIPS: 408.54

any ideas?

THX IN ADVANCE!!!
    What kernel did you install (exact name)? Did you do a full restart after installing?