1.    #1  
    ok so i dont like how long my text message ringtone plays on my pre. its like 5secs long even though the tone i assigned is 30sec. can anyone tell me how to change how long it plays because sprint and palm weren't much of a help.
    You can use an mp3 editor to shorten them to the length you want.

I use one called MP3trim.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    You can use an mp3 editor to shorten them to the length you want.
    I use one called MP3trim.
    where can I find mp3trim?
    try using Google, I've had it on my PC for so long I can't remember where I got it.

File name is mp3trim.exe

Jim
    I feel you on that!!! I hate the 5 seconds the SMS ringtone plays on the Palm Pre. I don't understand why the ringtone cannot play until you touch the screen or hit a button on the keyboard. Just crazy!
    I use this program and it seems to work just fine. Here is the link http://www.gustosoft.com/download/ri...aker_setup.exe
    You can also try FREE Audacity to make mp3 ringtones

Audacity: Free Audio Editor and Recorder

donīt forget to download the lame file for export it as mp3

Lame MP3 Encoder Binaries

when you installed both, select open file on your desktop pc where your 5 seconds ringtone is, when it is opened on audacity, select to copy and paste the 5 seconds and then you will get a 10 seconds ringtone, continue copying and pasting it until you get to the 30 seconds, then on file select export to mp3, name the file , accept and done.

Then drag and drop it to your Pre

You can find a lot videos tutorials on youtube just search audacity, like this one:

Last edited by akitayo; 04/24/2010 at 01:11 AM. Reason: more info
    Goldwave is free and pretty easy too.
    I think the OP's point was not that the tone was too long, but that it's too short.

In other words... he's got a 30 second ringtone assigned to his incoming SMS messages... but the tone only plays for 5 seconds... meaning, he's asking why it's clipping the tone after 5 seconds.

Right?