Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just got this phone on the 13th... Charged it fully the first night I got it... Location services are off... Email is set to manual on both of my account... Good 3G service wherever I go. (Quad Cities Iowa) I'll do a moderate amount of texting and internet usage... Whenever I'm on the internet my battery will drop rapidly. I'm talking three percent, at the least, about every five to ten minutes. Is there something I'm doing wrong here? Can I improve the battery somehow? Bad battery maybe? I'm at a loss here. And I'm running 1.4.0... So
  2.    #2  
    To top that off... Within two hours my phone is below 50%
    Use the search button on this site and look for how to increase battery life. It sounds like maybe you have the screen brightness all the way up. Try turning that down, it helps alot. There are many other fixes as well. My standard pre battery lasts roughly 13 hours with moderate to heavy use.
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
    install the CPU Scaler app. I'm running 800mhz and with the CPU Scaler I'm getting better battery than stock.

I have it set to 125mhz to 800mhz and when idling it drains at 1 to 3 percent an hour vs 7 with the stock kernel.
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Umm can I see some battery statistics guys?
    I get 8%/hour drain on 125-800 scaling... I get 9 hours or less with light to moderate usage.

Anyway, OP, you should let the battery cycle a couple times. It should be better in a couple days or less.
    The battery is always horrible when you first get it...let it completely drain a few times and within 2-3 weeks it will get better. I go all day from 6am with 720mhz patch cpu scaler doing a bunch of txts, few phone calls, at least an hour combined of 3d gaming and facebook (work has it blocked) and I end up having at least 25-40% by 11pm without charging it all day.
  8.    #8  
    Thing is... The things I've already done with my phone... location services off, email to manual and such... I learned from these forums. I've looked into it extensively. And I've also had the brightness turned down to minimum since day one; I don't really like bright screens that much. Can I download the CPU Scaler from Preware? And what about the 800mhz... where would I get that? It's just frustrating. I love the phone, best one I've ever had... but the battery life is really depressing. I'm an avid Verizon person and been drooling over the Pre since Sprint released it... Now that I have it... the battery is a big turnoff.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Excal View Post
    The battery is always horrible when you first get it...let it completely drain a few times and within 2-3 weeks it will get better. I go all day from 6am with 720mhz patch cpu scaler doing a bunch of txts, few phone calls, at least an hour combined of 3d gaming and facebook (work has it blocked) and I end up having at least 25-40% by 11pm without charging it all day.
    ok you must have an extended battery or aomething.
    You people say you get 1/2% an hour drain on idle, but I do the same scaling and get much worse battery.
    I only get 1/2% drain an hour when I am on airplane mode.
    Thats a good idea I should look into that myself
    I would definitely let the battery cycle for five full charges to five full discharges. I've always heard that mail should be set to as it arrives, but maybe others have not.

If you still aren't satisfied then I highly recommend the 2600 Seido battery. While it does increase the thickness of the Pre significantly, I LOVE not having to worry about my battery at all. Lets face it with everything the Pre is trying to do, the battery life is always going to be a perpetual issue until better battery technology is achieved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    ok you must have an extended battery or aomething.
    You people say you get 1/2% an hour drain on idle, but I do the same scaling and get much worse battery.
    I only get 1/2% drain an hour when I am on airplane mode.
    nope I have a stock battery. Signal is a big part of it if you are inside and get iffy signal then your battery will drain. My office has repeaters in them because we use nextel and sprint products so I always have a full signal in my office all day.
    My battery is pretty poor, took my phone from 100% and in under 2 hours it is now on 50%, don't know what I'm doing wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonatho087 View Post
    Thing is... The things I've already done with my phone... location services off, email to manual and such... I learned from these forums. I've looked into it extensively. And I've also had the brightness turned down to minimum since day one; I don't really like bright screens that much. Can I download the CPU Scaler from Preware? And what about the 800mhz... where would I get that? It's just frustrating. I love the phone, best one I've ever had... but the battery life is really depressing. I'm an avid Verizon person and been drooling over the Pre since Sprint released it... Now that I have it... the battery is a big turnoff.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...z-kernels.html

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...cpu-speed.html
  15.    #15  
    How much does the extended battery cost? And where could I get it at?
  16.    #17  
    Went to the Verizon store at the mall today... Tech guy there went ahead and ordered me a new replacement. Any ideas on how I should charge it for the first couple of cycles? Techie said to let it die down and then fully charge it about five times. Sounds like I'll just end up ruining the battery doing that, but I'm probably wrong...
    If I don't use my phone it can go 2 days on stanby. I have the 800 Mhz kernel with no scaling.

The battery since the release of 1.4 has been great IMO.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    same battery experience initially. But improved greatly (see my post, 40 days 40 nights).

now, with stock battery as well as mugen 1300 mA extended battery, and only multiple launcher pages patch, battery lasts all day from 7 am to 130 am currently. I'm at 37% as we speak. 3G kills battery life for some reason, use WiFi if at home and in a wifi hot spot and shut off data service while near wifi. Difference in battery life is night and day.

consider purchasing another stock or 1300 mA battery if you are a heavy user and don't want to give up the slim form factor. Then it's as easy as swapping the battery later in the evening if you need a fully charged phone.

double check you don't have facebook notifications on frequently, and that im services like google talk are not on if you don't use them...if I recall correctly they are automatically added when you first sync with google, etc.

again, besides an extended or 2nd battery, I can't emphasize enough my initial suggestion of just shutting off 3G data services and leaving wifi on when in a wifi zone.
    It should get considerably better after a week or two.

Also, the Mungen 1400ma battery I got said to charge up battery for 12 hours. Then use it until the phone says to recharge. Then charge it up again and repeat this 4 or 5 times. Basically fully charging and fully discharging the battery four or five times when you first get it. That from Mungen.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast