Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Cycling the battery through several charges definitely makes a difference. Fairly quickly, too.

I've had my Pre Plus since Wednesday. Light to moderate use, so I've had to charge it a few times. Took it off the charger around 10pm Friday night. Last night I went to bed around 1am and was still at 30%. Woke up this morning at 9am and was at 24%.

So, 4 days in, and I'm already getting over 36 hours of use on a charge.

No location services.
    Wifi is on while I'm here at home.
    800Mhz Super Kernel installed.
    CPU Scaler set 500-800Mhz.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScorpionSoul View Post
    Cycling the battery through several charges definitely makes a difference. Fairly quickly, too.
    When I had the iPhone, the battery life was horrid when I first got it. After a few charging cycles though, it got a lot better. The same happened with my Pre Plus. I think it is the norm for Lithium-Ion batteries.
    Guys, Lithium batterys don't "fully discharge" they discharge to the level below usable battery voltage the power supply is designed to detect as depleted. Then when the battery is recharged it's back up to nominal voltage, usually 3.7V for these little phone batteries. So the battery never fully discharges, it only discharges to maybe 3.1 to 3.2 volts and the phone refuses to use it anymore. Take a meter and measure it when the phone says the battery is drained, I assure you it's not.
    Other than the common sense advice here I have nothing new to offer regarding extending battery life. The CPU scaling/throttling app does sound intriguing though.
    Just to check, I turned on Battery Monitor shortly after my earlier post today, once the battery was charged to 100%. And, for the record, I'm still "cycling" the battery. I didn't plug it in for a charge until the phone told me the battery was low (which, I think, is at 20%).

Since then, my phone has been almost completely idle (I took a video of the dogs for about 40 seconds, then watched it back)... otherwise, it's been a quiet night. No one has texted or called me, so it's been sitting idle.

4 hours, 24 minutes and 52 seconds
    Drain per hour %: 0.91

Not too bad..
    Get the 2600 mah. I have 800 mhz patch and a bunch of other non power related and my phone is sitting in my car at the moment off the charger for 5 hours and still 100% in crappy coverage. Ive gone a few times where I didnt charge overnight and didnt charge till the next night with no issues. Its worth it.
    I have the 125-600mhz scaling patch enabled, and have a 1400mha battery installed. 1.4.1 webOS

I have all the location services and updates for facebook and everything on. Even a latitude app that updates my location every hour and that Weather dashboard thingy.

With occasional use I JUST get through a full day before the phone dies.

Honestly, I dont understand why Palm didnt make the Pre Plus with a 1400mAh stock battery.

Clearly the battery can be made without making the device any thicker.

Its not a huge improvement but it is the difference between my phone dying at 9pm and making it all the way to midnight before I go to bed.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScorpionSoul View Post

I've had my Pre Plus since Wednesday. Light to moderate use, so I've had to charge it a few times. Took it off the charger around 10pm Friday night. Last night I went to bed around 1am and was still at 30%. Woke up this morning at 9am and was at 24%.

So, 4 days in, and I'm already getting over 36 hours of use on a charge.

No location services.
    Wifi is on while I'm here at home.
    800Mhz Super Kernel installed.
    CPU Scaler set 500-800Mhz.
    Where can i download the 800mhz super kernel and cpu scaler?
    Quote Originally Posted by woodyitfc View Post
    Where can i download the 800mhz super kernel and cpu scaler?
    Do a forums search for 800MHz. It's not 100% foolproof, so handle with care...

I'm running my Pre at a constant 800MHz (old .ipk installation, probably deprecated already) and did get a bump in battery usage - at stock speed, my full battery would drain at ~1.3%/h during 10 hours of idle night time. At 800, it drains at ~1.6%/h under the same conditions. Scaling doesn't work so well for me: a lot of the time, turning on the screen would actually turn the screen on for a split second, then turn it dark again, and I had to wait a few seconds and try again. Didn't crash the phone or luna, just had that weird snap-back-to-standby issue. It also seemed to actually increase my battery usage, go figure... although i didn't give that a thorough measurement.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Do a forums search for 800MHz. It's not 100% foolproof, so handle with care...

I'm running my Pre at a constant 800MHz (old .ipk installation, probably deprecated already) and did get a bump in battery usage - at stock speed, my full battery would drain at ~1.3%/h during 10 hours of idle night time. At 800, it drains at ~1.6%/h under the same conditions. Scaling doesn't work so well for me: a lot of the time, turning on the screen would actually turn the screen on for a split second, then turn it dark again, and I had to wait a few seconds and try again. Didn't crash the phone or luna, just had that weird snap-back-to-standby issue. It also seemed to actually increase my battery usage, go figure... although i didn't give that a thorough measurement.
    Thanks, new to all this, but my battery needs charging every night, would never last 24hours. I have got CPUscalerUltimate now, but it says i need the correct kernels?
  10.    #30  
    So what exactly do I need to do to cycle my battery? Just charge it fully and then let it die down to 20% or so? Rinse and repeat? And since Verizon hasn't released 1.4.1 yet... Can I still install the 800MHz and CPU Scaler? Reading the instructions for the two seems like it might be a hassle to install. Is it?
  11.    #31  
    Anybody?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12