Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I am not very sophisticated regarding the basics. I think I want to buy a Pre. However, one very important consideration is how difficult (or even possible) it will be to get my contacts, calendar, and tasks transfered to the device from the software on my PC where they currently reside. I use software called Franklin Covey Planning Software Version 8.2. I highly suspect that I can't do it...or that it is going to be beyond my ability to do.

Questions?

1. I've seen reference to moving the data to Exhange or Google? I haven't a clue. Can someone help?
    2. Am I going to continue to be able to use a calander, to do list (tasks), etc. on my PC and have it sync with the Pre?

Can somebody assist me. I don't want to buy the Pre unless I can:
    1. Get my data moved to it
    2. Continue to use some kind of program on my PC that interfaces with the Pre as far as contacts, to do (tasks), and calendar.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    One more thing: I am currently using a Treo 755p....syncing data back and forth from PC to the Treo. Goal is to end up with all my information on PC but on the Pre instead of the Treo.
    Unfortunately I have not found a fix. :-(

I was addicted to the Franklin Planning software but I was more excited to work with the Pre because of the synergy. I attempted to get Franklin to work with me but all they offer is an online planning system that does not automatically move the information so that it resides on the palm pre. You can only access the inofmation when you have web access.

I now use a compbination of google calendar and gmail because any time you make a chang on your desktop it automatically changes on your phone due to synergy.

To replace the Franklin tasks, I started using microsoft outlook and use the categories in Outlook. I purchased pocketmirror and sync via wifi when in the office so my Pre has all my tasks on it.

although not as compact as havin everything on one program, it is a blessing having a pre. It does everything you could possibly want and more. I have been with Palm since3 the Palm V and was hooked with the TREO 755. The pre is even better. although it does not feel quite as robust as the 755 did. that being said, I have had my Pre for 8 months and it has not let me down yet.

Battery life for me is equavalent to what it was on the 755 It iwll last me all day but I recharge it every night.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Thanks, Alex. How did you get your Franklin contacts moved over to the Pre? That seems like the most important piece. All the other information could be entered from now going forward, it seems to me...but the contacts from Franklin software are vital..don't you agree?

I'm also guessing some people just stop their planning activities on their PC and use the pre only...but I just can't imagine that.

Wonder if other smartphones are more accomodating? Anyone have thoughts on that?

This entire paradigm is a big deal for people who want to "go back and forth" from Smartphone to one PC application!!

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Another way to pose the question: are there smartphone operating systems (newer ones)other than the pre that would accomodate the Franklin Covey 8.2 software??