Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    $30 advanced exchange for my 4th Pre (power button ceased to work).

If webOS wasn't incredible...
    did you try any of the "homebrew" fixes?

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    That is a lot of expense, how long did it take you to go through that many pre's? What do you do to them? Lol
    I've had 4 diff Pre's and I've never paid a penny for any of the replacements. Where did you replace them, directly from Palm?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    What the heck is advanced exchange?

My 3rd refurb with regular exchange... It's fine, no payment here.
  6.    #6  
    Pre #1 Received June 6th 2009 (Release date): Screen Died
    Pre #2 Received (I forgot): 3.5mm jack not working (I have had this problem many times with all my Pre's but this time for the life of me I couldnt fix it.)
    Pre #3 Received Novemeber 2009: Screen stopped working
    Pre #4 PRAYING
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    What the heck is advanced exchange?

My 3rd refurb with regular exchange... It's fine, no payment here.
    I have insurance but it's $100 fee to replace. I am going directly through Palm. The $30 fee is for Advanced Exchange meaning, they send you a phone before they receive yours back.
    Quote Originally Posted by ttremblay View Post
    I have insurance but it's $100 fee to replace. I am going directly through Palm. The $30 fee is for Advanced Exchange meaning, they send you a phone before they receive yours back.
    they told me different... I would have to pay the full price of the phone,before they send one to me.
  9.    #9  
    They put a $400 hold on your credit card. Once they get your phone they remove it. In other words, they dont charge you $400.
    If its a manufacturer defect,which the items you listed are. It does not go on the insurance.
    The pre has a 1 yr warranty.

Go to a Real Sprint corporate store (not an authorized dealer) and it will be replaced for FREE!

Ive done it 4 times for a bad speaker
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    yeah... You wasted your money.
    Those all go under as a "free" replacement.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    If its a manufacturer defect,which the items you listed are. It does not go on the insurance.

Go to a Real Sprint corporate store (not an authorized dealer) and it will be replaced for FREE!

I tried that with my dead screen but they shuffled me out of there explaining that they weren't replacing them out of warranty. Is that you in the picture? It may have something to do with you getting free Palm Pre's.
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    That is a lot of expense, how long did it take you to go through that many pre's? What do you do to them? Lol
    What do you do with them? Nothing, and I am on my 6th since launch date.
    I pay for Sprints TEP. Seven bucks a month is well worth it. This goes for any phone, not just for my pre.
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
    Quote Originally Posted by htabbach View Post
    What do you do with them? Nothing, and I am on my 6th since launch date.
    You must have some really bad luck. I bought my launch day pre from Best Buy(6-09) and had it repaired once at the Sprint store (not replaced). My sons whose was bought a week later from the Sprint store has had to be replaced because of things that he did (not the pres fault), my wifes pre was bought in 8-09 from Best Buy and not a single problem.

Maybe we're just lucky????
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by notaphonegeek View Post
    I pay for Sprints TEP. Seven bucks a month is well worth it. This goes for any phone, not just for my pre.
    So do I, it'd be great for when I lost my phone...but I havent. And using TEP to replace your Pre costs $100, no?
    Quote Originally Posted by ttremblay View Post
    So do I, it'd be great for when I lost my phone...but I havent. And using TEP to replace your Pre costs $100, no?
    Yes, if you lose your phone it costs 100 dollars, but to get it fixed or replaced for a problem with the phone is free. Why are you paying $$$30?
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post

Absolutely correct.
    I've never paid for a replacement when there was a defect. You should only have to pay a deductible when there is damage or loss. That goes for almost any phone. Three broken phones in the span of five months... I would have gotten something for my trouble in addition to a free replacement.

Now, if they opened it up and found that the screen stopped working because of water damage or something like that, it's a whole 'nother story.
    on my 5th pre since october, if it wasn't for webos and the sprint store I go to I would be freak'n super mad. This last time they gave me a new pre with the box and everything never paid a dime for the exchanges. I sure hope this one works for a while!
    What does this button do?

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    touchpad 16gig uberkernel woop woop!!!
    how could it be out of warranty if they haven't even been out for a year. thats the warranty as far as i know. and yes go to a REAL sprint store and speak to the manager nicely telling them all the un-warranted fees you've been paying for warranty issues and that you were told that the sprint stores have a good reputation for being honest and....you know make nice before the exchange...... but i'm pretty sure you should be able to get it looked at by the technicians and then ok'd for free replacement.

ps. i went in there last month and told them flat out that i bricked my pre trying to remove a corrupt patch with the mojo after the 1.4.1.1. update (because i let them see that i knew palm was honoring the warranty for the mojo developer tweaks except overclocking and that i knew i was entitled to a new phone free of charge since it wasn't dropped in a toilet or something un-mojo-ish like that) and the techs couldn't get into it as i told them so i got a new one. no charge.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast