Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ttremblay View Post
    I tried that with my dead screen but they shuffled me out of there explaining that they weren't replacing them out of warranty. Is that you in the picture? It may have something to do with you getting free Palm Pre's.
    Sorry guys the Avatar is not me!

No way I let them shuffle me out of the store when its a manufacturer defect! I would have gone off on the manager for sure! I pay 500.00 for a phone it better damn well last a yr.
    On the other side If I damage my Pre I would gladly pay the 100.00 deductible, no problem at all!

Their fault = FREE REPLACEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My Fault = 100.00 Deductible, Its just Right I should have to pay If I screw it up!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

That crazy that you have been paying. I'm on my 5th Pre and haven't paid a penny. I just take them to a "advanced" Sprint store (with techs). Last time I went in, they caught me running in developer mode w/patches (i forgot were there). They still replaced it for free.
    1st=broken power button
    2nd=broken power button
    3rd=broken proximity sensor
    4th=dead/discolored pixels and oreo effect
    5th=perfect (for now)
    Verizon charges a $35 restocking fee for returns / replacements. I went in with a Pixi Plus to exchange it due to a bad earpiece speaker... they had 1 left in stock, which they let me test in the store, and it had the same issue.

Said they could order one that would arrive in 2 business days.

I passed and went for a $20 upgrade to the Pre Plus. Still had to pay the restocking fee, but at least I didn't pay it for them to order a new Pixi, then have the same issue with that one, then pay another restocking fee for yet another new phone.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    treat your phone a little more carefully and you probably wont have so many problems. i see friends and coworkers (some with pre's) dropping their smartphones on the desk when they get in their office, sliding the keyboard open as fast and hard as possible, not using a case of any kind to keep all the ports, sliders, etc from getting gummed up with pocket lint and dust. Then they are surprised and blaming it on the phone when it keeps breaking on them. of course it keeps breaking! if you want a phone you can treat like crap and keep working buy one made for that, not a Pre, Iphone, blackberry, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveWW00 View Post
    treat your phone a little more carefully and you probably wont have so many problems. i see friends and coworkers (some with pre's) dropping their smartphones on the desk when they get in their office, sliding the keyboard open as fast and hard as possible, not using a case of any kind to keep all the ports, sliders, etc from getting gummed up with pocket lint and dust. Then they are surprised and blaming it on the phone when it keeps breaking on them. of course it keeps breaking! if you want a phone you can treat like crap and keep working buy one made for that, not a Pre, Iphone, blackberry, etc.
    You really dont need to tell people here how to treat their phone when you have no Idea how we treat our phones or what we do for a living.
    I own 2 businesses, a construction company and a body shop. I have had multiple smart phones over the past few years and I even go so far as to line the inside of my phone around the speaker area w/ a paper towel folded up to keep out any dust or debris and the speaker still goes out. So its DEFINITELY NOT my fault and I resent you telling me it is! I am certain its manufacturer defects on my Pre and if I thought for 1 second it was my fault I would just buy a new one out of pocket, I also resent you making it sound like Im taking advantage of Palm when I get a replacement phone.

The Pre has the greatest os on the market but the hardware leaves a lot to be desired. (not the form) just the hardware. These are very hit or miss as far as build quality. W/ as many problems as people have had (and Rubenstein has eluded to build quality issues) there is no way is owners mistreating their phones.

w/ only 9 posts you are probably going to get a lot of crap for that comment.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post

Go to a Real Sprint corporate store (not an authorized dealer) and it will be replaced for FREE!
    doesn't matter if its a corporate sprint store or authorized. any authorized sprint repair store will be able to fix it.
    Dude if you go through Palm for advanced exchanges of course you would be paying $30. You get advanced exchanges completely FREE on Sprint. Plus if they can't resolve your problems with refurbs, after 3rd refurb they give you a new phone from their exchange list. Takes much less time to get one from Sprint too. And no $400 hold fee either. I received a brand new Palm Pre from them after 2 replacements I got both failed on me for one reason or another.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12