Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    OK. Hopefully this forum is acceptable for Pre Plus.

Citibank claims that their Citi Mobile webpage is compatible with Palm smartphones. I don't know if they're referring perhaps to the old PalmOS that no longer exists? Because my Pre Plus refuses to load the mobile version of the Citibank page. It always loads the desktop version, even if I manually go to the mobile web address (citi.com/mobile). Nothing I do matters.

I don't necessarily need to go mobile, but it would be nice if I need to issue a spot transfer when I'm out and about.

Anyone have any ideas on this?
    Sprint, Pre (standard) went right to the citibank mobile site. Typed citi.com/mobile into the universal search, took me right there.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    that's what it looks like http://wimg.mp/srA.png
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    no go. It still loads the desktop page. This is weird. Is it an issue with webOS 1.4.1?
    Thought I'd test this out and see if I got the same results, which I did.

I've got a Pre Plus with Verizon, running 1.4.0.

citi.com/mobile and the link suggested by Jordan both take me to the Citibank PC browser version page which provides information about citi mobile... but no matter what I tried, I could not get to the actual mobile page on my Pre Plus.

So it could be that it doesn't work with webOS 1.4, which Verizon is stuck with, but works with 1.4.1 which Sprint has already.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScorpionSoul View Post
    Thought I'd test this out and see if I got the same results, which I did.

I've got a Pre Plus with Verizon, running 1.4.0.

citi.com/mobile and the link suggested by Jordan both take me to the Citibank PC browser version page which provides information about citi mobile... but no matter what I tried, I could not get to the actual mobile page on my Pre Plus.

So it could be that it doesn't work with webOS 1.4, which Verizon is stuck with, but works with 1.4.1 which Sprint has already.
    Well, that must be it...that bites. Oh well.
    clear all your history and cookies and cache then try again
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    clear all your history and cookies and cache then try again
    I don't know how to do that, but I doubt it would work, as I've never been to the citi mobile site before trying to see if I could get there to test the OP's error on my phone.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Is the old iPhone browser spoof patch still in the patch directory? Could try plugging that one in and see if the site IDs you as an iPhone instead of Unknown and redirecting you to the main page.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    palm pre on sprint. typed the citi.com/mobile from both the launcher/startup page of my phone and also by clicking the web app and typing it in the url bar. both times i get the mobile sign in page.

but actually, unless there's something on the regular citi page that needs flash installed i dont see why it doesn't work for you to sign in that route. i do it this way on my credit union because they dont have a mobile page (that i remember) and i can transfer $ between accounts.

as far as clearing your cookies and other more important things.

1. open your browser and tap the word at the top left corner of your screen to activate the drop down menu.

2. tap preferences

3. choose the settings according to your banks IT help person. maybe the popup blocker is causing all the fuss . clear your cashe/cookies after you go there so nobody can steal your $$$ if you lose the phone or are in dev mode or some other insecure/hackable situation.

cat up a treo, now on the pre, yo.......
    Tried clearing the cache and all that.. same result.

Quote Originally Posted by Honis View Post
    Is the old iPhone browser spoof patch still in the patch directory? Could try plugging that one in and see if the site IDs you as an iPhone instead of Unknown and redirecting you to the main page.
    I tried that earlier as well. Initially, the same "full" browser page started to load, then the phone informed me that I no longer had an internet connection. Tried restarting the browser, rebooting the phone, etc... still kept telling me I had no connection.

Uninstalled the spoof patch and got my internet back.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Verizon finally released 1.4.1.1 for us. Still doesn't work. There is definitely something else going on, it does not work.

The problem with just using the main page is all the zooming and scrolling, it's annoying. One cool thing on Blackberries is the ability to set the phone user agent differently to force a mobile experience. Sad to see that missing here. It bugs me especially since Amazon works so well.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Anyone got an idea on this? Also, what's the easiest way to display what the user agent is reading out as?

Here's a thought - can someone on Sprint send me the path on the actual mobile page?

EDIT: Nevermind. Changing the user agent on my browser on my MacBook, and there it is. So somehow the Palm is not sending the user agent correctly, at least not the Pre Plus, yet the Pre manages to. I think it has to do with this "AppleWebKit" - when testing with an older verison, 522.21.2, I believe, it works fine. The one on the Pre Plus is like 534.2 - way newer, so I guess Citibank has not updated their detection script.

I read about some app that makes your Pre sound out like an iPhone on user agent detecting sites. If I set the user agent as iPhone, it works...so how can I get such an app?
    Last edited by revelated; 04/29/2010 at 08:59 PM.