1.    #1  
    FINALLY, those of us former palm OS users know how good this is: Datebk from Pimlico software multiple platforms: Pimlico Software home page
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Yeah, but to use it on a Pre one has to use Google Calendar as an intermediate step to store date book data. thorne

Correction: Pimlical (nor Datebk outside of using it on Classic) is NOT used on a Pre. Pimlical is used on one's desktop and communicates with Google Calendar. So the process is Pimlical -> Google Calendar -> Pre.
    Last edited by thornev; 04/23/2010 at 04:19 PM.
    Don't read too much into that. I saw that several months ago and asked them about WebOS development. Here's my question and their response (written 3/21/10):

>I realize that DateBk6 can run under classic, but are you planning on
    >releasing a WebOS native version?

No plans at this time, and with Palm's fortunes sinking rapidly, that's not
    likely to change in the future unless some miracle occurs to rescue them.
    Right now the most likely scenario for Palm is to be bought out by another
    company before the end of the year and that will most likely be the demise
    of the WebOS as they would be purchased primarily for Good Will and their
    general expertise rather than the WebOS.

I see that Palm's stock lost 30% of its value on Friday to close at $4.00.
    When Palm went public, it's stock was at $160 and that was BEFORE the
    reverse 20:1 stock split, so it's down from $160 on opening day to $0.20
    now - a rather precipitous fall to say the least. It was a great company
    with a great product, but as often happens, they got Fat, Dumb & Happy, and
    the competition marched right by them - not so much with greater products,
    but with better marketing, better delivery, better technical support and
    more interesting devices and variety...

Cheers!
    CESD, Pimlico Software, Inc.
    I've had PIMLICAL for quite a while, and if I can't use DateBk6, it will certainly work just as well IF it synchs with the Google calender. It gives me a non cloud backup instantly and that my friends is a WIN WIN!. I'll never get rid of my Pre if this comes through!
    this is huge folks huge!
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    teejay - I don't get you at all. Pimlical and Google Calendar have little to do with the Pre. Yes, you can transfer Google Calendar events to your Pre, but the Pre Calendar app is not even close to being in the same league as DateBk6. thorne
    Hi all, There maybe another choice. I have used dateBK 4, 5 & 6 and loved them all. However, I do not like the fact they have decided to wash their hands with Palm.

The other choice is Agendus. Agendus was purchased by Splash Data. I have not used Agendus, but I would think it is somewhat like dateBK. I also have heard very good things about Agendus. There is info up on Splash Data's site about agendus.:

iambic acquired by SplashData, Agendus coming to webOS and Android
    By Derek Kessler | Saturday, Mar 6, 2010

Having recently acquired iambic, SplashData announced in an email sent to iambic customers that they intend to expand their offerings onto new platforms. Specifically, Agendus, and specifically onto webOS and Android:

If you haven't heard, SplashData has acquired iambic, combining the resources of two of the most respected and established developers of mobile productivity software. We are very excited to have the opportunity to work on Agendus and expand its features as well as bring it to new mobile platforms such as Android and webOS.

Agendus is iambic’s signature product and something missed by a great many Palm OS users after making the switch to webOS. When we’ll see Agendus on webOS and what condition it will be in is still up in the air, but it’s great to hear that it’s coming regardless. And trust us, as soon as we hear something more, we’ll let you know!

If you’re not familiar with Agendus, it began as a Palm OS app (back in the day when the were still called applications) that served as a replacement for the Palm OS Date Book. Agendus was more than just another calendar: it integrated with your memos, tasks, contacts, and more to bring it all into one tightly-knit package: your agenda. There’s even more to it than that - to see why Agendus was such a beloved Palm OS app, we’re going to point you to Agendus' extensive feature list. If just one quarter of those features make it to webOS we’ll be exceedingly happy campers.

I am not happy with Palm and dateBK and Palm's calender as well. The calender was a major feature with the treos and Palm invented the PDA niche. At one point dateBK came with the Treo. Since dateBK does not want to port to webOS, this leads me to two questions.

1. Why didn't Palm make a deal with dateBK, where Palm would port it to work as the only calender on the Pre, (since dateBK did not want to do so themselves)?

or

2. Why didn't Palm come put with a calender that is as sophisticated as dateBK, on the Pre in the 1st place.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    I understand your point about the Pre Calender being abysmal - theres no question. What Im saying and very happy about, is that I'll be able to bring the info since leaving my TX, and DateBk behind, back to at least the PIMLICAL desktop. In no way at all, NOT EVEN CLOSE, does this fill the void of not having an actual PIM on board the Pre.

So to clarify, this developement only bridges the hole between DateBk6, and the Pre. PALM abandoned us in respect ot having a dynamic PIM, and at this point, I doubt they ever will.
    I have had conversations with the folks over at PIMLICO regarding bringing DateBk to the webOS and their response has been that with all the work it would take to bring it forward, that it wasnt worth their effort due to what was described as the eventual demise of PALM in general.

DateBk was the penultimate PIM hands down in my opinion. I have DateBk data on my PC from back when I purchased my first PDA, the Handspring Visor, and moving from my TX to the Pre has been traumatic in regard to the PIM. GOOGLE calender is crap compared to DateBk. I'll submit that if Agendus is available for Pre that it might be the best option to use on Pre, but I for one was never able to use it after having been spoiled by DateBk.
    Last edited by teejay69; 04/24/2010 at 09:07 AM. Reason: spell ck
    I can't agree with PIMLICO about Palm. Lets look at it, NO ONE likes the current calendar in the Pre. If PIMLICO released datebk at least 90% of Pre owners would purchase it.
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    I can't agree with PIMLICO about Palm. Lets look at it, NO ONE likes the current calendar in the Pre. If PIMLICO released datebk at least 90% of Pre owners would purchase it.
    LOL, I think it would be closer to 100%, than 90%! Take care, jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    After Pimlico got burnt w/ no license renewal from Palm, I can understand a bit of their rancor.

FWIW I contacted Iambic @ the same time and they said they were working on Agendus. That's vague but hopeful. Maybe if they get enough email expressing interest they would move forward. Hint hint
    I am another one who is not happy with the calendar on my Pre..

I have used datebk and agendus in the past. Datebk was my favorite. Agendus was second. I hope it does get released on webos.
    Now it is september 2010. Any good news? I really really want to have icons on my phone calendar again. The Pre is wonderful, but some treo features were also wonderful.