1.    #1  
    Hi,

I'm a regular visitor to these forums and must quickly say, what a pleasure it is to be part of this community. I find that most tech-ie groups dissolve into hysterical, pointlessly arguing groups all but forgetting that they have at least one thing in common - not so here at the Pre Central forums. (Maybe I'm just being slightly naive).

I digress... the real reason I want to post is to make a bold statement: I love my Palm Pre. Genuine, reciprocated love.

Here in the UK we are constantly bombarded with iPhone advertisements, whether it be from Apple or the carriers, heck - I've even owned an iPhone.

After exploring all the avenues to be explored within the iPhone culture, I decided to jump ship and buy a Palm Pre - I'd even sold my iPhone prior to receiving my Pre, I was THAT confident. Why, you might ask? (However, I guess most of you will think it quite an obvious choice). My reasoning for such a choice was based purely on the beauty of the actual device and webOS.

I love my Pre more than I ever loved my iPhone. Why?

Yes I'd read about the obvious hardware faults. Yes, I'd read about the limitation of changing your alert tones. But man, JUST LOOK at how beautiful it is. I catch myself at times, randomly staring at my Pre. The curves of an Egyptian goddess, the stunningly beautiful multitasking of a 50's housewife - the sexiness of... you get the picture.

This might seem quite a pointless post - but my aim is just to spread the Pre enthusiasm/positivity a little more. I don't believe that Palm will fade into obscurity - yes, they may be bought - but I believe the Palm name and symbolism of the company to be of too much value.

I sincerely hope that we are continuing to write on these boards (about new products) in 2020.

Long live Palm / Pre / Pixi / WebOS!
    hehehe...thanks for an entertaining read during my lunch hour!
    Another happy customer, these are great, considering everyone who decides to get another device thinks they have to write a farewell essay.

I LOVE MY PRE, it is a sickness

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Viva la PrPrPr&#$275$;
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    iPhone to a Pre? Nah! that couldn't be......lol

Welcome to the world of webOS.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    posts like yours are what bring a tear to my eye everytime i play with my pre :'(
  7.    #7  
    Thanks guys, completely forgot I'd even written this... slightly intoxicated at the time. It all still stands though!
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    iPhone to a Pre? Nah! that couldn't be......lol

Welcome to the world of webOS.
    I came to the Pre after a year and a half with my iPhone, I even payed the ETF!
    Twitter: adamcarter
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisstbb View Post
    Hi,

I'm a regular visitor to these forums and must quickly say, what a pleasure it is to be part of this community. I find that most tech-ie groups dissolve into hysterical, pointlessly arguing groups all but forgetting that they have at least one thing in common - not so here at the Pre Central forums. (Maybe I'm just being slightly naive).

I digress... the real reason I want to post is to make a bold statement: I love my Palm Pre. Genuine, reciprocated love.

Here in the UK we are constantly bombarded with iPhone advertisements, whether it be from Apple or the carriers, heck - I've even owned an iPhone.

After exploring all the avenues to be explored within the iPhone culture, I decided to jump ship and buy a Palm Pre - I'd even sold my iPhone prior to receiving my Pre, I was THAT confident. Why, you might ask? (However, I guess most of you will think it quite an obvious choice). My reasoning for such a choice was based purely on the beauty of the actual device and webOS.

I love my Pre more than I ever loved my iPhone. Why?

Yes I'd read about the obvious hardware faults. Yes, I'd read about the limitation of changing your alert tones. But man, JUST LOOK at how beautiful it is. I catch myself at times, randomly staring at my Pre. The curves of an Egyptian goddess, the stunningly beautiful multitasking of a 50's housewife - the sexiness of... you get the picture.

This might seem quite a pointless post - but my aim is just to spread the Pre enthusiasm/positivity a little more. I don't believe that Palm will fade into obscurity - yes, they may be bought - but I believe the Palm name and symbolism of the company to be of too much value.

I sincerely hope that we are continuing to write on these boards (about new products) in 2020.

Long live Palm / Pre / Pixi / WebOS!
    I agree with you, after switching from the iPhone, the Pre is amazing. I too love how it looks and feels - that nice polished stone feel as they say. And the multitasking still makes me smile with joy after switching from an Iphone!
    Twitter: adamcarter
    I, too, love my PPP. With a couple apps and polishing touches it could be the best thing since sliced bread. (ie: QuickOffice, 2-way Wi-Fi media Sync, etc) I can't get over how much better the battery life is compared to my Touch Pro. I can run Wi-Fi all day and it doesn't noticeably kill my battery like other devices. I liked it so much I got my parents them; and activated and taught them this past weekend. They love it too! I'm running the touchstone now with the 800mhz kernel and have had zero heat issues. :-)

Just the other day my buddy made a status on Fbook. "Droid or Palm Pre Plus?" EVERYONE was like "go Droid! Palm sucks! blah blah blah" there was about 30 comments on it and I was the only one that was pro-palm. What's up with that?!?! I guess I don't understand...
    I'm still thrilled with my Pre...I can't stop playing with it, I take it around everywhere with me, I've bought my first apps, I think it's great.

I like the way it looks, I don't understand when people say it doesn't look good. I chose it because I thought it was the nicest phone in the shop.

IPhones = boring. They look boring.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Well I am only 3 weeks and 1 days in and it keeps getting more and more fun every day.
    It's my first Smartphone so I have nothing to compare it to. I think that's a good thing.
    Wonderful Addition!!!
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I had a blackberry pearl and i canceled the data plan on it due to it being so tedious to navigate web pages on the bb browser.
    The Pre showed me what how much fun a smartphone can be, web browsing is effortless and texting on the Pre is much faster than the Pearl. I actually find having the Pre is much more useful, to me, than the blackberry ever was.