Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by zagfreak View Post
    Does this happen to you? It seems like every other call, unless I am cognizent of it, while talking on phone, my ear somehow turns Airplane Mode on and drops my call?

Is this odd? Is it just me? Pressing too hard on my ear? Thoughts?

Z
    This sounds so funny! (I'm sorry, I know it's not funny for you, but you made me laugh.)

Practical idea: Perhaps if you adapt and hold the phone to the other ear, you'll be able to avoid the problem.

Do you have "pointy" ears? Are you also capable of the "Vucan Death Grip"? Are any of my questions "logical"? Are you thinking of any "colorful metaphors" that you want to call me right now?
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    @shaunooh, just curious any chance you are using the slide open to answer patch? Since the screen itself only responds to certain types of contact.....

No, but I do have "close on hang up" and "hang up on close".
    My screen unlocks if you drag in any direction, left, right, not just up.
    Last edited by shaunooh; 04/23/2010 at 08:22 PM.
    I wasn't talking about direction though..... The screen should only respond to human touch
    I just added the mega mod patch which replaces airplane with flashlight--will see how it goes (airplane still shows up when hit power button)
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I wasn't talking about direction though..... The screen should only respond to human touch

It's weird, but it dose respond to the non finger leather case, and unlock when pulling it out. Do you use a case?
    yeah I use a generic soft case I think it's made for a bb.... I have thesprint hard ase as well, so can't compare exactly. But my case has never answered my phone (maybe it's just luck.... Also never had a problem when using the factory sleeve.....
  7.    #27  
    Thanks for all the comments. So I went in and did the Proximity Sensor test. "Place your hand over the screen, did the phone vibrate?".. well, mine doesn't.. is that mean it is okay, or should it vibrate?

Anyhoo, I called Sprint tech yestarday and they said they will ship me a new phone. They said when the phone is held @ a 45 degree angle, the sensors should shut off (essentially the screen going black)??? hmmmm....frustrating as hell..have to go through the whole re set up, backup data etc..
    Thanks for all the comments. So I went in and did the Proximity Sensor test. "Place your hand over the screen, did the phone vibrate?".. well, mine doesn't.. is that mean it is okay, or should it vibrate?
    Yeah, it should vibrate. Mine doesn't, either. I chose not to get it replaced just for that, yet, as it would be a bit of a pain like you say. I figured I'd wait for something else to go wrong...but I'm still waiting.

In the meantime, I just hit the power button to turn off the screen before I put the phone next to my ear.

Regards,
    Tom

Anyhoo, I called Sprint tech yestarday and they said they will ship me a new phone. They said when the phone is held @ a 45 degree angle, the sensors should shut off (essentially the screen going black)??? hmmmm....frustrating as hell..have to go through the whole re set up, backup data etc..

If you do use preware/patches/homebrew, there is the Pre Backup Utility and also the Save Restore program..... I have not had the need to use either yet, but might be worth a try if you are starting from scratch anyways.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunooh View Post
    I cant say it has anything to do with the airplane mode, but I have had the phone "hang up" just as I put to my ear. It is annoying. I think what happens is my cheek hits the button to hang up, before the sensor kills the screen.

Un related... also have trouble keeping the phone from answering when pulling it out of my seidio side case.
    Shaunooh,
    Does the case have a magnet in it? This thread http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...re-anyone.html talks about it. I played with mine (generic case) and in does indeed turn it on.
    Does this happen to you? It seems like every other call, unless I am cognizent of it, while talking on phone, my ear somehow turns Airplane Mode on and drops my call?

Is this odd? Is it just me? Pressing too hard on my ear? Thoughts?

Z
    I have the same problem with my plam pre, my ear keeps putting the phone in airplane mode and drops calls, ran the tests shown in other replies, all are ok. I have had mine for about 6 months now. Not sure what to do about it but just thought I would chime in that there are others with the same problem.
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    My wife's Pre inexplicably went into Airplane mode about two weeks ago and I could not figure out how it happened. Maybe the same things the OP writes about happened to her.
    I just used my ear to install the new 1ghz uberkernel... I do have big ears though, ymmv
    LOL and yeah you do.... it's okay though I have a big head (shaved and I think my hat size is around 7 3/4 to be comfortable)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12