Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Please join the Angry Palm Users group on Facebook if, like me, you are fed up with how Palm is now treating its customers and responding to the problems we are experiencing with the Pre, Pre Plus or the Pixi.

After having my Pre Plus for nearly 3 full weeks now I have managed to accumulate a log of complaints about the device none of which havenít already been discussed in the numerous Palm-centric forums such as this one that Iíve visited: wonky keyboards that either donít type a letter or double- or triple-type a letter; syncing problems with Google calendars; various touchscreen issues, etc.

But what alarms me about the visits Iíve made to these various forums (including Palmís own at forums.Palm.com) is how Palm doesnít seem to be taking any of our worries and demands for bug fixes seriously! The dates in the threads Iíve read point to the fact that many of these issues are several weeks or even months old; and never do you actually hear anything from the folks at Palm themselves assuring us that our problems have been noted and that a fix will be available soon addressing specific problems.

What finally set me off as an Angry Palm User, though, is what happened yesterday: I realized I was not getting any e-mail notifications on my Plus and when I investigated this by opening the e-mail app from the Launcher I discovered that all of my e-mail accounts were now gone! I Googled this problem and discovered that many others were experiencing it.

In a nutshell, this problem renders the Plus incapable of receiving e-mails and thus alerting you of them. A big FAILURE if, like me, you have potential clients (and thus potential money) trying to get in touch with you via e-mail.

You would think that a smartphone maker learning of an e-mail bug on one of their devices would prompt them to treat it as an emergency and work hard on a fix in much the same way McAfee went into crisis mode and worked hard at correcting their recent DAT file screw-up. But when I spoke to Palm Tech Support I sensed absolutely no urgency from them regarding this issueóa point that is proven by searching these Palm-centric forums and looking at the dates attached to the posts of people reporting this problem to the community, some of which are 6 weeks old by now! 6 weeks of knowing about an e-mail problem and it has yet to be fixed! And the tech at Support could not even give me an estimate as to when it will be fixed!

So what Iím suggesting is a grassroots campaign to take our grievances with Palm global. Palm needs to be far more responsive to us and our problems with their devices and push out fixes far quicker. We need to make our voices heard on a larger scale.

Maybe the problem is that Palm figures that we users are content to confine our kvetching to these forums where only people interested in Palm devices hang out. Maybe an additional problem is that the customer service culture at Palm is so dysfunctional that they really do believe that since theyíve already gotten our money, that weíre already locked into contracts with Sprint or Verizon that they donít need to care at all. And who knows? Maybe another big contributing factor is that the bigwigs at Palm arenít even using Palm devices themselves! Maybe theyíre using Blackberries, Droids or (gasp!) iPhones and therefore donít care about our piddling problems because they are using more stable devices.

And now is the time to put pressure on them! This is a company that is up for sale, after all! Join the Angry Palm Users Facebook group. Or start your own and let me know about it. Follow my rants on Twitter (@palmduznotcare). Or start your own Twitter feeds!

The point is, the time to sit and wait patiently is over. Calling Palm Tech Support does not yield results. Writing in their feedback forum does not yield results. What WILL work is a global voice of frustrated customers clamoring for the attention we deserve!

In the meantime, I am going to contact every journalist who is covering Palmís attempt to find a buyer and direct them to these forums. Maybe these journalists donít know about our problems and Palmís lack of any real support and thus need to be made aware that perhaps Palmís problems in finding a buyer have to do mainly with Palm itself.
    Please reference:
    http://forums.precentral.net/other-h...ml#post2400732

I not going to join a group where people just **** and moan about how much they hate Palm.

Try another Forum.

Better yet return the phone you have had for only 3 weeks, and get one that satisfies you.

You only have 2 posts, so I am going to go out on a limb here and say that you probably never gave the Pre a fair shot. We have a very active community on P|C, I am sure that anyone here would glad to help you.
    Have a great day!
    Last edited by Butters3605; 04/23/2010 at 01:39 PM.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but forums for any and every device are full of complaints; even legendary Apple products. It sucks if you happen to get stuck with a bad device, but that's life
    Why don't you find another phone that better meets your needs? It would make your life a lot easier.
    that's why you have 30 days to return the phone. Please get a Motorola Droid. Then come back when you see what that does with your e-mail and contacts...
    Oh

Here we go again

It's like on average 3-4 a day

Most people are happy with their phone. If you don't like it, get out of here and no one wants to hear it.

What you're doing is giving palm bad press and credit. How is that going to make things better to what.. send a message?
    Cool story bro.
    Go get an Apple or Droid. Either one of them are perfect.
    I've created a Facebook Group called "Angry Palm Users"; find it, join it, share in it; tell others about it. I've also created a Twitter feed called "@palmduznotcare"; follow me on it because I plan on tweeting a lot about this device. Moreover, I urge you to take similar steps on your own. The smartphone market is too competitive for us to have to deal with a company that is no longer responsive to our complaints, our issues with their software and our suggestions for updates. I have time left to return my Plus, and I will if Palm doesn't fix it...soon!
    Why are you so Angry, it is a phone. Do you think anyone cares which phone you use? When you are alerting the media make sure to let them know which phone you are happy with, so everyone else can go buy one.

I have a felling this is more of a mole hill then a mountain...

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Wow, why such venom for a company with a new product and a new OS. Obviuosly you are not aware of how software development companies work. If they dropped everything everytime a whining customer "threatened" them they would never get anything done.

What have you done to try and replicate how your email accts got deleted? Do you have patches installed? Change your theme? Have the cpu kernel mods installed? What I am getting at is are you sure that what is happenening to you might not be self inflicted?

if you really want Palm to succeed, instead of tweeting your lungs out about how terrible they are, why not start a grassroots movement to help Palm debug this issue? Work with others who have had this problem to try to identify a root cause. I guarantee this will further your cause (and help the community more) than just screaming "PALM STINKS" from the rooftop.
    no thanks.
    No
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Wow, why such venom for a company with a new product and a new OS. Obviuosly you are not aware of how software development companies work.
    Or how any product life cycle works lol

People are needy ******es these days lol

It's me me me.. I want want want crap these days
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Wow, why such venom for a company with a new product and a new OS. Obviuosly you are not aware of how software development companies work. If they dropped everything everytime a whining customer "threatened" them they would never get anything done.

What have you done to try and replicate how your email accts got deleted? Do you have patches installed? Change your theme? Have the cpu kernel mods installed? What I am getting at is are you sure that what is happenening to you might not be self inflicted?

if you really want Palm to succeed, instead of tweeting your lungs out about how terrible they are, why not start a grassroots movement to help Palm debug this issue? Work with others who have had this problem to try to identify a root cause. I guarantee this will further your cause (and help the community more) than just screaming "PALM STINKS" from the rooftop.
    You mean use the forum they way it's supposed to be used for?
    I don't get it? I can feel your pain (especially with the hw) but it's not like you elected your device to office and are now stuck with it for x-amount of years?

Why not get a device that suits your needs? You are paying for the service and you should be happy with your device.

However, the forums are a board for discussions, positive and negative ones. Most here will probably flame you for your post but did you really start a Precentral accnt just to post your one comment?

It doesn't seem like you have invested much time on these forums to help yourself or the problems you've encountered with your device.

However, as I stated before, why not get a different phone?

Just my two cents.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Weird, mine (Pre, 1.4.0, Telcel), has NEVER EVER lost the email accounts, or contacts, or the connection to the Palm Profile. The only moments when it stops giving me email notifications is when the stupid ******** in Telcel suspend my service cause I topped my spending limit (they were charging me for the data even when I have an unlimited internet plan).

There may be some bugs here and there, as the email accounts listing when you enter email (sometimes), but overall I feel that 98% of the time my Pre is there for me when I need it.

Besides, I wanted to join the group just for fun, but found no link, so...
    Yeah, my reaction to your thread title was:
    Go F yourself!
    After reading your post, my impression did not change.
    Sorry that my sympathy for you is so small I think you just came across as revengeful and spiteful to me (which most likely is *NOT* the case in real life). I still think you will attract more "flies" with "honey" (or however the saying goes). This post is simply my feedback as to why I (and hopefully others) will not join your group.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Anyone want to join me in reporting a hate group to the Facebook developers?

You've had your phone for 3 weeks. All of your complaints are old and don't need repeating. Palm has no obligation to check nonofficial forums, but they still do respond here and that is freaking awesome! If you read any history on the device in your ungrateful claw you'd know Palm is releasing TONs of bug fixes on a regular basis and relies on this and other Palm Pre communities to find errors. If you're so t'd off about your purchase, return the damn thing. Make your third post on this forum your "I'm leaving" thread and never return again.

See this for a history: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2389773
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    Cool story bro.
    could not have said it better myself lol
    i think returning ur phone will be a lot more effective than ur facebook page...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast