Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So I just opened the app catalogue to check for updates on any of my apps. The first thing is see when I open it is an app called Oprah Browser. My first thought was "omfg! We got opera mobile!" Needless to say I was very let down to find out it's just an app for people that aren't quite in touch with their emotions or something like that.

Opera mobile is a beast on the iphone. I have it on the itouch and it kills safari mobile. I think I read that it's already the most downloaded app in apples app store. It woulda been pretty huge for webos if we got an app like that.
    LULZ!!!
    :'(
    it's an app not a browser
    just read about this Oprah app and my phone is finally complete.We all can finally have an excuse for getting all Emo on the forums nowlet me send out a hug to everybody right now!
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
    So I just opened the app catalogue to check for updates on any of my apps. The first thing is see when I open it is an app called Oprah Browser. My first thought was "omfg! We got opera mobile!" Needless to say I was very let down to find out it's just an app for people that aren't quite in touch with their emotions or something like that.

Opera mobile is a beast on the iphone. I have it on the itouch and it kills safari mobile. I think I read that it's already the most downloaded app in apples app store. It woulda been pretty huge for webos if we got an app like that.
    Funny, I had the same reaction!

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    When I had the 755P, I loved the Opera. Although, links to phone services from the web page (like dialing phone numbers) did not work.

Anyways, with the 755p, the Opera browser was heaven sent because the browser for the 755p was half assed.

However, the Pre has a great browser. An upgraded browser is pretty far down on my list of priorities for the Pre.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Installing the Oprah app on your phone would automatically make it biased and *******. Just sayin.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    Installing the Oprah app on your phone would automatically make it biased and *******. Just sayin.
    what ?
    I can definitely say without equivocation that I do not want to browse Oprah.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post

LOL
  12. djs
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

Best reply of the day!
    this is the funniest thread in a while
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I was dyslexic the first time I read that post too! Opera mini for the Pre would've been nice.

Instead we get more of her... Oprah narrating the BBC series Life? Where's Morgan Freeman when you need him!?
    I just shuddered at the thought of browsing Oprah...
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    I could browse Oprah all day.

And besides, just think, if you had the Oprah app and you showed it off to women, they would be all over you b/c you'd be deemed sensitive and understanding.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
  17.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by gangland View Post
    it's an app not a browser
    I realize this, if you read my post, you would have known that.

Quote Originally Posted by wemetzger View Post
    When I had the 755P, I loved the Opera. Although, links to phone services from the web page (like dialing phone numbers) did not work.

Anyways, with the 755p, the Opera browser was heaven sent because the browser for the 755p was half assed.

However, the Pre has a great browser. An upgraded browser is pretty far down on my list of priorities for the Pre.
    I agree, I think internet is one thing the pre does exceptionally well, Webkit broswers FTW!!! But like I said, getting a high profile app like opera would be good exposure for palm right now.

Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    What????

Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    Haha very funny, I agree completely : )
    Don't let Oprah Mobile fool you. It's great for when you're out and about and need to quickly look something up, but for just casual browsing it's severely lacking. It's fast because all of the site rendering is done remotely on Oprah's servers and then sent to your device in an optimized format.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    With the kind of money Oprah got I'd take one for the team and browse her as must as she wants...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast