1.    #1  
    I had to get my Palm Pre replaced by Asurion this time (4th Pre). I have activated the new phone however the backup did not completely restore my contacts. I still have the Old phone as I have not sent back yet - I can not get back into the "old" Palm Pre to get the contacts (it went back to the create a profile screen) what can I do? IS there anything that I can do? I really need those contacts....
    First take a deep breath! We can probably help.

It all depends on where you synced your contacts to - did you set up the phone to sync with your Google account? Or your Palm Profile? Or another service? If you don't know, it doesn't matter.

Try this:

1) Open the Contacts app
    2) Bring up the menu (tap the word Contacts in the top left)
    3) Select Preferences & Accounts

Now, under the "Accounts" tab tell me which services have you got listed? (eg, you should at the very least have Palm Profile shown there).

Head to the bottom of the screen and click Add Account - keep adding your accounts until you're sure that you've logged in to every service that you previously used. Triple check that the passwords are correct.

If everything goes to plan you'll get a number of little popup messages saying "Syncing with...<service>" - if not, don't worry just click "Sync Now".

After everything is finished, click "Sync Now" once more just to cover all bases.

Try these things and then let me know if you still have problems.
    Hm..what do you mean? You can't log in with the old one because your logged in on the new one? If so, just Doctor the new one and it should log you out, then log in and back up the old phone. If not you can use WQI to withdraw the database, I think that method withdraws the phone contacts too.
  4.    #4  
    SqyArc Thank You! that worked!! ... my contacts that I had added after January 2010 was syncing to my google account (which I did not add at first)... After adding the Google account back on just now and syncing ... the reminder of the contacts came back!!! Thank You again!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyTech View Post
    SqyArc Thank You! that worked!! ... my contacts that I had added after January 2010 was syncing to my google account (which I did not add at first)... After adding the Google account back on just now and syncing ... the reminder of the contacts came back!!! Thank You again!!!
    Glad to help