Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Just got a PPP yesterday and i'm having trouble with username/passwords on some of my bookmarked sites. On sites like this one, where there is a "remember me" box that you can click, when i go to the web site via a bookmark there's no problem - i get in instantly without having to enter the username and password.

But on other sites that do not have the 'remember me' option, even when i bookmark the page after having manually entered the u/p and gotten in, the next time i click on the bookmark it doesn't get me in automatically, it takes me to the page where i have to manually enter the u/p all over again.

Is there a solution for this? Can web OS remember this stuff? Thanks!
    I think you answered your own question.. if a website doesn't have a "remember me" account option then you're SOL
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NordicMan View Post
    I think you answered your own question.. if a website doesn't have a "remember me" account option then you're SOL
    So WEB OS doesn't have an automatic 'remember me' function, like say Firefox has? That's pretty ridiculous IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenj View Post
    So WEB OS doesn't have an automatic 'remember me' function, like say Firefox has? That's pretty ridiculous IMHO.
    As far as I know the webOS browser doesn’t support ‘Form Data’, which is what net browsers use to store the passwords and logins etc. However, this would work to your advantage if someone stole your phone.
    I would really enjoy having this feature. It's something I miss from Opera Mobile :*(
    It would be handy but I don't mind typing it in myself if it means someone else won't have access to it later.
    Interesting. While I don't consider myself to be a full on "Security geek" one of the very first things I do with browsers on my computers is turn off ALL options for remembering logon information for websites. From a security standpoint I don't want to have to worry about the wrong person getting access to my hardware and from there my online accounts. Different point of view I guess.
    As long as I either have a password on within the browser somewhere that enables the rest of the passwords it I don't mind. But on my phone I actually don't mind having my passwords lying around. Honestly who wants to know my college username/password that bad? Or my precentral login/password? Not that many people. I'm not gonna give out my social though. :$
    Omg would it be nice to have this feature. I HATE going on ebay and having to sign in all the time. Even if I check as remember me it seems like it forgets a half day later!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrasherx2k1 View Post
    Omg would it be nice to have this feature. I HATE going on ebay and having to sign in all the time. Even if I check as remember me it seems like it forgets a half day later!
    AuctionMate ftw?
    Quote Originally Posted by zealster View Post
    AuctionMate ftw?
    Quoted for truth. Love that app. Got me into buying stuff on Ebay again.
    About the week it came out I was saying "I wish there was some sort of e-bay app that rocked." And then my Pre-ayers were answered.
    Thanks for the complements for AuctionMate. We're working hard to make it better.