I deleted all my patches and reinstalled them, but still got these errors:

download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    14 8102 14 1185 0 0 1075 0 0:00:07 0:00:01 0:00:06 4488
    100 8102 100 8102 0 0 5949 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 15461
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.emergency-file-verification.postinst 2>&1
    Detected stock files modified via a method other than supported patch technologies:
    File: /etc/.rootfs_RW
    File: /var/lib/software/tmp/flashing-progress.tga
    File: /etc/udev/mount.blacklist
    Removing package org.webosinternals.emergency-file-verification from root...
    remove
    No packages removed.
    Nothing to be done
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Please check the EFV thread for what are normal reports and what are not.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Great thread! Heres my list of patches that aren't OTA compatible:

Detected patches that must be removed and reinstalled in order to maintain correct handling of auto-update and OTA compatibility:
    Package: org.webosinternals.patches.browser-add-shortcut-keys aupt-3
    Package: org.webosinternals.patches.browser-auto-hide-all-icons-after-page-load aupt-3
    Package: org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-audio-video-attachments aupt-3 Package: org.webosinternals.patches.notifications-reset-options-on-power-button-hold aupt-3
    Package: org.webosinternals.patches.pdf-viewer-enable-landscape-pdf-viewer aupt-3 Package: org.webosinternals.patches.phone-call-duration-in-call-log aupt-3
    Package: org.webosinternals.patches.phone-close-slider-to-end-calls-except-headset aupt-3
    Package: org.webosinternals.patches.phone-open-to-call-log aupt-3
    Package: org.webosinternals.patches.screen-lock-reduce-minimum-brightness aupt-3 Package: org.webosinternals.patches.sounds-and-alerts-select-alert-and-notification-tones aupt-3
    Package: org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-default-to-month-view aupt-3
    Package: org.webosinternals.patches.mojo-faster-card-animations aupt-3
    Package: com.prethemer.themes.49c2fa951e apt

Assuming I'm reading this right, this is a fairly straightforward list of patches which correspond to patches which can cause Preware's AUPT technology to fail following an OTA update. It doesn't look like anything I would miss too much but I will have to review it and would appreciate any insight that anyone else could provide.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthRepublican View Post

Detected patches that must be removed and reinstalled in order to maintain correct handling of auto-update and OTA compatibility:
    Package: org.webosinternals.patches.browser-auto-hide-all-icons-after-page-load aupt-3
    Package: org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-audio-video-attachments aupt-3 Package: org.webosinternals.patches.notifications-reset-options-on-power-button-hold aupt-3
    Package: org.webosinternals.patches.pdf-viewer-enable-landscape-pdf-viewer aupt-3 Package: org.webosinternals.patches.phone-call-duration-in-call-log aupt-3
    Package: org.webosinternals.patches.phone-close-slider-to-end-calls-except-headset aupt-3
    Package: org.webosinternals.patches.screen-lock-reduce-minimum-brightness aupt-3 Package: org.webosinternals.patches.sounds-and-alerts-select-alert-and-notification-tones aupt-3

Assuming I'm reading this right, this is a fairly straightforward list of patches which correspond to patches which can cause Preware's AUPT technology to fail following an OTA update. It doesn't look like anything I would miss too much but I will have to review it and would appreciate any insight that anyone else could provide.
    I've been gone for awhile but last I heard AUPT-3 patches didn't need updating. I ran EFV and had 4 patches that all showed up and they we're all AUPT-3 so I removed/installed all and ran EFV again and about 8 more (differrent from the first group) AUPT-3 patches showed up so I don't know what's going on. Looked thru EFV thread and didn't see anything about this issue.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I am having issues with my computer running WEBOS Doctor. Sticks at 4% and locks up my phone. It will not restart without a battery pull. Rod had stated the following as a response to my post above -

"Items 2, 3, and 4 in the first post will leave your device with an incorrect version of LunaSysMgr installed, and possibly other lurking problems, if you have left those items installed previously while accepting an OTA webOS update.

If you have ever had any kernel or overclocking solution installed that you did not install using Preware (e.g. items 2, 3 and 4 in the first post of this thread), then you have used a non-OTA safe package that puts back incorrect files on your device when uninstalled in certain circumstances, and I advise backing up all your data and doing a webOS Doctor before the next webOS update arrives.

-- Rod "

Can I correct my LunaSysMgr files by installing Uberkernel and then re-install the palm kernel using preware? Any other options? Thanks..

John
    download
    14 8102 14 1205 0 0 1420 0 0:00:05 --:--:-- 0:00:05 5403
    100 8102 100 8102 0 0 7582 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 18288
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.emergency-file-verification.postinst 2>&1
    Detected stock files modified via a method other than supported patch technologies:
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.nim.app.vznavigator/framework_config.json
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.notes/framework_config.json
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.odd/framework_config.json
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.updates/framework_config.json
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.wifi/framework_config.json
    File: /boot/System.map-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430
    File: /boot/config-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430
    File: /boot/uImage-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430
    File: /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/crypto/ecb.ko
    File: /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/net/ifb.ko
    File: /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/block/nbd.ko
    File: /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/arch/arm/oprofile/oprofile.ko
    File: /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/crypto/pcbc.ko
    File: /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/scsi/scsi_wait_scan.ko
    remove
    No packages removed.
    Nothing to be done
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.

UHOH? is this bad?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthRepublican View Post

Following up on my own post. It turns out that all of these are patches which I've installed in the past but which I later removed. Now I'm a little more confused. Clearly they didn't uninstall cleanly and need to be removed. Any ideas that don't involve a doctor visit using the Emergency Patch Removal utility?
    Quote Originally Posted by johntd View Post
    I am having issues with my computer running WEBOS Doctor. Sticks at 4% and locks up my phone. It will not restart without a battery pull. Rod had stated the following as a response to my post above -

"Items 2, 3, and 4 in the first post will leave your device with an incorrect version of LunaSysMgr installed, and possibly other lurking problems, if you have left those items installed previously while accepting an OTA webOS update.

If you have ever had any kernel or overclocking solution installed that you did not install using Preware (e.g. items 2, 3 and 4 in the first post of this thread), then you have used a non-OTA safe package that puts back incorrect files on your device when uninstalled in certain circumstances, and I advise backing up all your data and doing a webOS Doctor before the next webOS update arrives.

-- Rod "

Can I correct my LunaSysMgr files by installing Uberkernel and then re-install the palm kernel using preware?
    No, that will not fix it.

-- Rod
    I got this:

How do I fix it??
    Quote Originally Posted by bullonparade85 View Post
    I got this:

How do I fix it??
    Have you done any minimal logging hack?

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Have you done any minimal logging hack?

-- Rod
    Yes I have, how do I reverse it?
    Anyone have any idea how to fix my problem?
    I have the F102 kernel would I have to uninstall it before the update or not?
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    The AT&T version of the Pre Plus and maybe Pixi Plus comes with the Yellow Pages app, and it is showing up. The error line associated with it is:

File: /usr/palm/applications/com.yellowpages.ypmobile.preload/framework_config.json

Clearly that is legit on a Palm Pre Plus from AT&T.

For the other errors, if you have installed My Tether(damn aonic for going AWOL), the Mobile Hotspot app(hacked version for those who don't get it from their carrier), or other patches that you manually downloaded via WebOS Quick Install, those COULD easily be the source of some of the files you may see.

My advice is that if you are seeing this sort of thing right now, then BEFORE you upgrade to WebOS 1.4.5 or whatever the next release is, you do a Doctor to purge your device fully before you do the update, and then go through the process to put your patches back on, just to play it safe. The last thing you want is a WebOS update to break your phone.
    I just sent my phone to the Dr. yesterday, and loaded everything up through Preware.

File: /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/scsi/scsi_wait_scan.ko

I do have the UberKernel (Pre/Pre+) installed along with Govanh.
    This is what I get, even after I removed the patch via Preware (originally installed via WebOS Quick Install). After removing in Preware, it will not show up in WebOS Quick Install, even though it keeps showing up in the IPKG Log when the EFT install fails.

Any ideas to help with this?

Package: ca.canucksoftware.patches.verizongps aupt-3
    Hi, I might have an issue. Any help/insight is greatly appreciated. I ran Emergency File Verification as suggested, and it returned the following IPKG Log:

download
    100 8102 100 8102 0 0 5694 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 12313
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    postinst
    remove
    No packages removed.
    Nothing to be done
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by luau joe View Post
    Hi, I might have an issue. Any help/insight is greatly appreciated. I ran Emergency File Verification as suggested, and it returned the following IPKG Log:

download
    100 8102 100 8102 0 0 5694 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 12313
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    postinst
    remove
    No packages removed.
    Nothing to be done
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    I'm guessing you have some patches that concern notes, vznav, odd, wifi and update. I can't think of public patches that effect these. Are you using any patches private or public that effect the said apps?
    The rest concerns an overclocking kernel, which one are you using? It will need to be removed before updating.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    I have a lot in the red as well.....
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.handson.app.nascar/framework_config.json
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.handson.app.nfl/framework_config.json
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.mobitv.app.sprinttv/framework_config.json
    File: /var/palm/data/smartkey/autoreplace_query_terms
    File: /var/palm/data/smartkey/key_dict_us
    File: /var/palm/data/smartkey/key_dict_us_1-18_4_flat
    File: /var/palm/data/smartkey/key_equiv
    File: /var/palm/data/smartkey/key_skipped
    File: /var/palm/data/smartkey/memmaps_autoreplace_freqs
    File: /var/palm/data/smartkey/memmaps_autoreplace_nodes
    File: /var/palm/data/smartkey/memmaps_autoreplace_scores
    File: /var/palm/data/smartkey/memmaps_autoreplace_words
    File: /var/palm/data/smartkey/memmaps_freqs
    File: /var/palm/data/smartkey/memmaps_nodes
    File: /var/palm/data/smartkey/memmaps_scores
    File: /var/palm/data/smartkey/memmaps_user_freqs
    File: /var/palm/data/smartkey/memmaps_user_scores
    File: /var/palm/data/smartkey/memmaps_words
    File: /var/palm/data/smartkey/user_words
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    I'm guessing you have some patches that concern notes, vznav, odd, wifi and update. I can't think of public patches that effect these. Are you using any patches private or public that effect the said apps?
    The rest concerns an overclocking kernel, which one are you using? It will need to be removed before updating.
    Pip, as for overclocking, I am only using Uber kernel with Govnah. Nothing else.

As for patches, the only one I can think of might be Egag333's patch to "Enable Verizon aGPS Service". The patch didn't seem to do anything but caused no harm. So I kinda forgot about it being there. I can try removing that.

As for the rest of the patches, they were pretty standard, like SMS vibrate to One Second, Unhide Dev mode Icon, Show Actual Battery Percent, Bypass PIN, etc. I have no idea any patches that may screw around with Wifi, Notes, or Update. And I don't even know what Odd is. Now some of these patches were installed using WebOSQuickInstall, not Preware. Might that make a difference?
    Last edited by luau joe; 06/29/2010 at 03:00 PM.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast