Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by mullern View Post
    Thanks, SqyArc. Did as suggested but I don't see these three patches in the list. Other patches are all there........
    Mullern,

The patches are all AUPT-1, which allows us to date the installation of these files to roughly January 2010. Back then we were shifting from the old style of doing things to the new AUPT (Auto Update Patch Technology) way of doing things and there were some glitches, including a lot of patches that were difficult to uninstall.

I'm not aware of any fixed or official method for dealing with these broken packages, so I'm afraid I can't personally help you any further. You really have four options:

1) Seek advice from the WebOS Internals team
    2) Try this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...val-steps.html
    3) Ignore the problem and continue updating (not recommended)
    4) Perform a Full Erase and then use WebOS Doctor to start a fresh slate (remember to backup)

Good luck with whichever you choose
    SqyArc
    I have run the repair utility and it modified one file. But on returning to preware and re-running EFV I still get flashing-progress error, you said this is the spinning disc so the only thing I can think of is I did try out the faster animations patch but uninstalled it a short time later, could this patch be the cause?
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    I have run the repair utility and it modified one file. But on returning to preware and re-running EFV I still get flashing-progress error, you said this is the spinning disc so the only thing I can think of is I did try out the faster animations patch but uninstalled it a short time later, could this patch be the cause?
    pip smith,

It's extremely unlikely that the Faster Card Animations patch has affected this file because I believe the effect of the patch is achieved using code and not through replacing assets.

You could try manually replacing the file with the version that I've sent to you via PM - to do this open WebOS Quick Install, click Tools -> Send File. Browse for the file you just downloaded from me and set the destination as /var/lib/software/tmp/

Once you've done that, perform a hard reboot.

If this doesn't solve the problem, and the WebOS Repair Utility doesn't work then I would probably advise that you just ignore the problem and carry on updating. It isn't a file with modified code and it will likely be replaced cleanly if it is addressed by the firmware update. Although I think this should be fine, remember that any and all homebrew applications, patches and modifications are done at your own risk (so basically, don't blame me if your device breaks )

Hope this helps,
    SqyArc
    Disclaimer made me laugh.
    I'm away from my laptop again now so I will do that later. The advice is definitly great though.
    Thanks alot for all the help
    Pip
    Weird.. I could only restore the mount.blacklist, nothing else. But that seemed to do the trick, the verification app now installs just fine.

Ah well, I'm ready to go again
    IPK FETCHER <-> An attempt against geo-filtering
  6.    #26  
    Glad to help I don't have any l33t coding skills so this is the only way I know how to give somethin to the community
  7. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Ran Emergency File Verification and got the following:

Detected stock files modified via a method other than supported patch techn
    File: /var/lib/softwate/tmp/flashing-progress.tga
    File: /boot/uImage-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430
    File: /lib/modules//2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/crypto/ecb.ko
    File: /usr/bin/LunaSysMgr
    File: /etc/event.d/PmNetConfigManager

Any idea what I'll need to do to correct this? I'd hate to have to doctor if there is another way.

Thanks in advance.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    Ran Emergency File Verification and got the following:

Detected stock files modified via a method other than supported patch techn
    File: /lib/modules//2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/crypto/ecb.ko
    File: /etc/event.d/PmNetConfigManager

Any idea what I'll need to do to correct this? I'd hate to have to doctor if there is another way.

Thanks in advance.
    Looks like you've had a theme or a patch to modify the boot-screen image among other things.

I'm also concerned that you've got a modified LunaSysMgr - have you removed and reversed all overclocking patches/kernels from your device?

It seems to me that you've still got modifications installed that you need to uninstall before continuing. Can you list all the patches and modifications you have installed?
    Hmmm, are you implying an update is imminent? There have been a lot of application updates over the last several days that do not seem to include new functionality, that typically occurs immediately before a new update drops.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Hmmm, are you implying an update is imminent? There have been a lot of application updates over the last several days that do not seem to include new functionality, that typically occurs immediately before a new update drops.
    A minor update has already hit this morning. It only affects GSM phones and doesn't add any functionality - its only purpose is to improve compatibility when upgrading to 1.4 from older firmwares.

Initially the update broke the app store for GSM users, but since then it has been fixed
  11. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    I didn't realize that a overclock kernel installed with Super Prekernel would trigger those errors (because I installed it with Preware, I thought it was OK). I uninstalled the overclock kernel, and that cleared up almost everything. I'm still getting one error:

I've run WebOS Repair Utility, but it did not any error relating to that file. I don't think I'm the only one with this issue, but I haven't found any solution on the forums.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    I didn't realize that a overclock kernel installed with Super Prekernel would trigger those errors (because I installed it with Preware, I thought it was OK). I uninstalled the overclock kernel, and that cleared up almost everything. I'm still getting one error:

I've run WebOS Repair Utility, but it did not any error relating to that file. I don't think I'm the only one with this issue, but I haven't found any solution on the forums.
    GHT,

Good job on figuring out you needed to uninstall the kernel. The file flashing-progress.tga is a persistent problem that I haven't found a solution to yet - as I said to Pip, I don't think it's necessarily an important file because it contains no code (so there's not much that can go wrong). Unless the WebOS Internals team can provide you with a fix for this, I'd just ignore it.

If you want to try running the WebOS Repair Utility then that would be a good first step - the instructions for doing so have been discussed in this thread.

Good luck
    SqyArc
    I'm not able to download the Emergency File Verification from Preware. I'm getting IKPG error message and it doesn't finish loading. Thoughts?
  14. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Check out the error log. The items in red are the reason it did not complete successfully. Post those items here and see if anyone has answers.
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by toddfoutz View Post
    I'm not able to download the Emergency File Verification from Preware. I'm getting IKPG error message and it doesn't finish loading. Thoughts?
    toddfoutz,

GHT is correct - that's what is supposed to happen Click to open the log file and it will give you information on which files or packages are not compatible with AUPT (shown in red).
    Oops - sorry guys. I wasn't aware of that. Here are the Errors which were in Red:

Detected stock files modified via a method other than supported patch technologies:
    File: /var/lib/software/tmp/flashing-progress.tga
    File: /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/crypto/ecb.ko
  17.    #37  
    Oops - sorry guys. I wasn't aware of that. Here are the Errors which were in Red:

Detected stock files modified via a method other than supported patch technologies:
    File: /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/crypto/ecb.ko
    No problem

The files that have been flagged suggest to me that you might have a custom kernel and/or overclocking patch on your device. It's important to remove them first and then try running the Emergency File Verification tool again.

You'll notice that the flashing-progress.tga file is a common problem on this thread - still no work around yet so ignore that one. Alternatively try running the WebOS Repair Utility as mentioned above.

Good luck,
    SqyArc
    Yes. I have the Super PreKernel program as well as the CPU Scaling program installed.

So I need to uninstall those (after bringing my phone back to 500mhz) and run the EFV again.

I will report back ... thank you!
  19.    #39  
    Yes. I have the Super PreKernel program as well as the CPU Scaling program installed.

So I need to uninstall those (after bringing my phone back to 500mhz) and run the EFV again.

I will report back ... thank you!
    Hang on - there's no need to actually uninstall the applications - you just need to reverse their effects (so click Uninstall in Super PreKernel and set Scaling and Speed to Off in CPU Scaler and then also click Make Settings Stick so that your device doesn't try to overclock itself again next time it boots.)

That should do it
  20. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    See posts #27, #28, and #31 on this thread. Your log is almost identical to my original. Make sure you remove/uninstall any custom kernels you have, even those installed by Super Prekernel. If you are using Super Prekernel, you don't need to uninstall the Super Prekernel app itself, just have it remove the custom kernel. If all works as I expect, you will be left with only the

error. I have not found anyone with an answer to this yet.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast