View Poll Results: How many would you like a PreCental app?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love

49 76.56%

12 18.75%
  • Okay

3 4.69%
  • Not at all

1 1.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    i want to know what people think of the idea of an Official precentral app, just think of the possibilities. Its easier than opening the browser. It could have notifications. I for one think this would be a major breakthrough for palm period. When any news for palm comes out... where do you here it first?.... thats right palmcentral. So theres no doubt why there shouldn't be one. but either way... tell me your ideas and views on the subject, and if such app was to be made.. what features should it have?

thanks,
    JuaTorr
    Last edited by JuaTorr; 04/22/2010 at 09:38 PM.
    http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-a...precentral-app

This one is just basically a web link...

Yes I have often thought that this needs another look. Notifications would be awesome, an RSS feed too.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    We've been talking about having an actual PreCentral app since last summer No one has gotten around to making one though.
    To add: Precentral would be a LOT easier to discover for new webOS users in the app store....
    ^^^ yes yes yes!!!!!!
    adverts
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    To add: Precentral would be a LOT easier to discover for new webOS users in the app store....
    yup, but it would need to go through beta stages first.
    I would like to see the Precentral app closer to the Engadget App!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    I would like to see the Precentral app closer to the Engadget App!

Rob
    Having the podcast in there would be awesome, But I do love Dr. Podder

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
  10.    #10  
    i like the idea of the podcasts... itd be nice to stream a video podcast... or even a live videocast... the pre is so powerful. precentral knows that and can take advantage of it.
    Bump

That would be brilliant!
    Would be great to have this app..
    Maybe we could get this integrated into preware, so you would have app feeds, themes, RSS of articles, notifications of new articles, mobile forums (the ability to thank from mobile forums would be a nice feature), possible photo gallery, vidoes, podcasts, direct e-mail tip-us?

Would anyone be interest in having full site capabilities in the app, such as reviews, P|C store?

This could be good for webos-internals as well, I know I would pay for this app. Money could go towards further webOS development?

Note: I am not a developer, just trying to stir-up ideas.
    Last edited by Butters3605; 04/23/2010 at 04:11 PM.

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    The only problem with that is Preware kills my battery. Anyone else have the same issue? I can only open it long enough to check for themes and patches and close it out...
    Doesn't the mobile version of Precentral.Net sort of function as a Precentral app?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Yes the current "App" is just a web-link to the mobile site, IMO i would like to see some functionality come out of a ""real" P|C app.

Quote Originally Posted by cabjmb View Post
    The only problem with that is Preware kills my battery. Anyone else have the same issue? I can only open it long enough to check for themes and patches and close it out...
    Never had that issue, Have you tired removing and reinstalling. Maybe you have a corrupted package manager or preware app. Do you have extra/custom feeds installed? What feeds do you have as active?

bumppp
    I tried making a P|C app but I can't get RSS feeds to work in Ares, I posted a thread asking for help on RSS feeds services and stuff but no one replied..
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast