View Poll Results: Docs2Go, QuickOffice or Opensource or......?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Docs2Go

6 14.29%
  • QuickOffice

11 26.19%
  • PreDocs: Opensource

25 59.52%
  1.    #1  
    Office for Palm webos:3 alternatives

Docs2Go, QuickOffice or Open source or.....?

Docs2GO saying is standstill. and stills on their front page:

PDA Software - BlackBerry Software, iPhone Software, iPod touch Software, Palm OS Software, webOS Software, Google Android Software, Windows Mobile Software, Windows Smartphone Software, Symbian S60 Software - Developed By DataViz

QuickOffice it is and idea

QuickOffice Connect Mobile Suite for Palm WebOS - by IdeaScale

PreDocs: Opensource need to be supported by developers

http://predocs.sourceforge.net/

What is your option?

I hope Palm webos developers see this poll , vote and support these ideas and Palm get a little more closer to all of them or at least the most voted.
    Last edited by akitayo; 04/22/2010 at 10:41 PM.
    I hate docs togo / DataViz. A year or so ago, I sat down and added up how much money I have given them in the last 10 years and the number was over $400. Every 4-6 months or so they come out with a useless upgrade that should be a x.1 upgrade but they make them a x.0 upgrade and they are never free. I guess I am a sucker to fall for their BS so many times.

I would much rather give my money to any another company for a document editing suite.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    As of today, DataViz is dead to me.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Tough call here. Open Source is always good but I'd much like to see QuickOffice come through for us. I had QuickOffice long before Docs2Go because it was a superior product. In fact the only reason I switched was because DTG was included on the Treo when I got it so there wasn't much point upgrading QO since I don't use the products THAT much.

But that said, I'd use them enough to drop another 30 bucks or so on a WebOS version.
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
    It definitely has to be open source simply because of the number of advantages associated with it. Hope to see lot of support for the open source from the developers.
    Why don't you try posting this in the proper forum area so everyone will see it, developers included. Not just general Pre owners? There's already multiple threads there about Office development and Data Viz including one about PreDocs.
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    I hope Palm webos developers see this poll , vote and support these ideas and Palm get a little more closer to all of them or at least the most voted.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    How about Softmaker Office. They have a Linux version and a Windows Mobile version. Better than Open Office on translating formating.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    Why don't you try posting this in the proper forum area so everyone will see it, developers included. Not just general Pre owners? There's already multiple threads there about Office development and Data Viz including one about PreDocs.
    Thanks for the tip. Next time. This post integrates 3 of those posted as individual ones. And yes is very important that developers see this one to post their valuable opinions.

I will make a link to this one
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by pdaneophyte View Post
    How about Softmaker Office. They have a Linux version and a Windows Mobile version. Better than Open Office on translating formating.
    Is this the softmaker office you mentioned:

SoftMaker : SoftMaker Office for Linux : Overview
    DataViz is "dead to me". (They will never get another dime from me, in fact - I might just even avoid buying any device that comes bundled with their software!)
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    My $0.02 is to be patient. The webos-internals folks have already demonstrated that native OpenOffice on the Pre is a real possibility:

Still a work in progress for them, but I have already used it the other day to make a quick change to a presentation file that I had stored on the phone.

The Pre's screen size and lack of cursor key support are the biggest problems at the moment.....