1.    #1  
    Palm may have out done themselves by dismissing the idea of people controlling their information on the cloud. Well looks like Microsoft got it right (incredible) with their new line of Kin phones and cloud sync solution. Check out the vid of Kin Studio. All info on the phone can be edited/updated/deleted from any web browser.

In a word, No, Microsoft already screwed that pooch with their T-mobile Sidekick debacle I'm only counting the days when it happens with their Kin.

Also Palm already does something similar to this with the palm profile and I learned after my profile being corrupted when i replaced my pre with another to use google as a backup method.

T-Mobile: we probably lost all your Sidekick data -- Engadget
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    Palm may have out done themselves by dismissing the idea of people controlling their information on the cloud. Well looks like Microsoft got it right (incredible) with their new line of Kin phones and cloud sync solution. Check out the vid of Kin Studio. All info on the phone can be edited/updated/deleted from any web browser.

Why don't you just use the phone to edit/update/delete info?
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    It would be nice if you could edit webOS specific application data like tasks and online, this would also allow you to import and export data via cut an paste. For people that are not using Google for calendar or contacts it would also be nice to have web browser access.
    Last edited by miata; 04/22/2010 at 02:54 PM.
    Pilot Pro -> Pilot Vx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Pre -> Pixi Plus -> Pre2 + TouchPad -> BB 9930 -> Pre3+ Playbook
    Verizon -> Cingular -> ATT -> Sprint -> Verizon -> ATT
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    I prefer Palm's transparent approach.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
  6.    #6  
    There is no difference between the two. Both backup info to the cloud. The only difference is microsoft allows control of your profile via a web browser. The current method for the pre is third party solution ie google calendar. We all know how depending on a third party turned out with the whole itunes debacle.