Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This 8GB just ain't cutting it!

I saw "The Settlers" by Gameloft was available today. I so want to get it, but at 414MB, I can't spare the room. I just cleared out all the apps and video I didn't use and I'm still down to 600MB of free space.

Oddly enough, the majority of my storage space is filled from apps, and games at that. My music on my Pre is stripped down to the bare minimum I use and I have virtually no videos (I like to keep some space available for video recording). And I even shrank down my photos from 3 to 1MP.

Someone needs to find a homebrew solution for soldering extra memory to the Pre. HA!
    Always pimpin' PunnyShirts.com
    ZumoDrive ?
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
    I agree. Chomping at the bit here. Even the extra mem of a Pre plus would be welcomed. My Pre is loaded with music, which I listen to all the time.
    Hopefully we might get the pre plus on sprint,which would solve some memory space.
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    Hopefully we might get the pre plus on sprint,which would solve some memory space.
    hopefully not.

want something new...
    i think he's referring to the storage, isn't that also 8GB on the pre plus?
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    i think he's referring to the storage, isn't that also 8GB on the pre plus?
    Nope, 16GB, which still wouldn't be enough for me.

I mean, I've got 4GB of apps alone. 16GB would've been okay for the original model, but at this point, they should leap to offering a 32GB version.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    hopefully not.

want something new...
    Ditto. I want more memory, but I want a bigger screen more.
    Thats another reason why the pre+ is clearly the best deal in mobile phones... 16GB on board storage and free mifi... for 50 bux? Not to mention for the gamers out there this phone is a legit gaming device ala iphone. Android...not so much (at least yet).
    Dear Sprint,

Please pass on the Pre+. If you do take on the Pre+, please use it as a replacement for the current, albeit, dwindling inventory of the Pre and not as a "new" device.

As a customer, I'll be waiting on Palm to unveil something new this summer (hopefully). That is all.

Thanks,
    The Heel
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    I'd prefer if the next palm device support micro/mini sd cards...
    Why don't you just stop being a nerd that has to be playing video games all the time?
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    Why don't you just stop being a nerd that has to be playing video games all the time?
    Why don't you stop putting people down?
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    wow first off thats rude....

seconds, if playing games is an optional function of the phone, the phone should have enough space to accommodate utilizing this function
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by sveilien View Post
    Someone needs to find a homebrew solution for soldering extra memory to the Pre. HA!
    Ya know, back in the day I remember all kinds of hardware mods being made to the old PalmOS PDAs to, among other things, upgrade the memory like this 2M to 8M upgrade on a Palm III. So every few months I google around a bit to see if anyone is trying something like that. Interestingly enough the Kindle 2 ebook reader, which has 2GB memory, uses a chip from the same family as the samsung memory chip in the Pre. Today I found this gem describing a process to upgrade a Kindle 2 to have more memory. The article states that there are pin compatible memory chips in the family up to 64GB. Now Ball Grid Array soldering is not for the faint of heart and requires some specialized tools but it seems to me to be at least possible.
    Last edited by camiller; 04/22/2010 at 04:57 PM.
    I have a feeling sprint will get a new web os device this summer, something better then palm pre plus.
    MacBook PRO 13" 2011 i5
    TouchPad 16GB
    HP Veer on T-Mobile
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayasinskiy View Post
    I have a feeling sprint will get a new web os device this summer, something better then palm pre plus.
    I don't. I have a feeling Palm will be sold and something utilizing features of Web OS will pop up sometime next year.
    I can't deny that i do like the pre plus,also love the pre too. If i had a choice to choose which one,needless to say my choice would be the plus. why? The plus for one have a lot more memory storage,more ram for a lot more application running,and shoot it looks cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    I can't deny that i do like the pre plus,also love the pre too. If i had a choice to choose which one,needless to say my choice would be the plus. why? The plus for one have a lot more memory storage,more ram for a lot more application running,and shoot it looks cool.
    well of course you would choose the plus lol. the pre is version 1 and the plus is version 1.5....its like choosing between windows 95 and windows 98...(or 2 versions of mac os.)
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I can tell you now... if we get the Pre Plus on Sprint... I know A LOT of people who are not going to switch from Pre to Pre +.
    It's just not a big leap.

It's like going from Iphone 3g to Iphone 3gs... except the Pre+ doesn't offer more speed.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast