Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    I can tell you now... if we get the Pre Plus on Sprint... I know A LOT of people who are not going to switch from Pre to Pre +.
    It's just not a big leap.

It's like going from Iphone 3g to Iphone 3gs... except the Pre+ doesn't offer more speed.
    I personally think that the pre should have been released with the specs of the pre plus. Based on the specs of the 3GS and other phones that came out soon after, that was the stage that the mobile market was competing on. Had the pre come out a year earlier with its specs, it wouldve blown the completition away. However, by the time the pre came out, the 3GS with its 16gig/32gig was the standard that was pretty much being set at the time.
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    No matter how much space they provide, someone will run out. FACT.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    No matter how much space they provide, someone will run out. FACT.
    not if it's a petabyte
    Quote Originally Posted by bennish View Post
    not if it's a petabyte
    Only one? c'mon!

NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    Why don't you just stop being a nerd that has to be playing video games all the time?
    Why don't you stop being a T O O L that trolls forums? Not so easy, is it?

This is a media device with phone capabilities. Media (apps, music, video) equates to lots storage space.
    Always pimpin' PunnyShirts.com
    One of my idea's in a post I just made was for Palm to make a phone with user upgradeable memory and storage space. This is the perfect example of when and how that would work.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    I want the next one to have 32-64gb... That way I can put tv shows on it.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Yep, I need more storage. The pre is a media intensive device, 8gb just don't cut it anymore.

Next palm device should have at least 32gb in storage. That should make it possible to sell along the pre plus without cannibalizing sales.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by olidie View Post
    Yep, I need more storage. The pre is a media intensive device, 8gb just don't cut it anymore.

Next palm device should have at least 32gb in storage. That should make it possible to sell along the pre plus without cannibalizing sales.
    Agreed. Also, more storage can equate to more App Catalog and Amazon MP3 sales. If users don't feel like they are having to hoard their small bit of remaining storage space, then they may spend more freely in the long term.
    Always pimpin' PunnyShirts.com
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    I keep telling people, the Pre is not a multimedia device. Clearly it cannot handle the multitude of songs and video, the draw back would be to delete apps or games. The pre was released to early, a year later it's still in an infant stage, hardly anything upgraded. Things that should have been implemented out of the box are now big annoucements in CES.
  11. J0E
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    I want the next one to have 32-64gb... That way I can put tv shows on it.
    I have plenty of 1hr episodes of a tv series in a folder on my laptop. Each one after downsizing with handbrake to optimize with the pre are 180mb each. I have a documentary that was originally in 720p on my phone at 190mb. I throw 5- 1 hour long episodes on my phone which gets me through an entire week of workouts at the gym for less then <1GB of space. Then over the weekend I remove them and load up 5 more.

I don't understand why people want to put entire seasons of shows on their phone at one time when its easy enough to delete and upload new shows.
    Quote Originally Posted by J0E View Post
    I have plenty of 1hr episodes of a tv series in a folder on my laptop. Each one after downsizing with handbrake to optimize with the pre are 180mb each. I have a documentary that was originally in 720p on my phone at 190mb. I throw 5- 1 hour long episodes on my phone which gets me through an entire week of workouts at the gym for less then <1GB of space. Then over the weekend I remove them and load up 5 more.

I don't understand why people want to put entire seasons of shows on their phone at one time when its easy enough to delete and upload new shows.
    Exactly. Memory will always be an issue for some no matter how much was available. When it comes to this issue some people are like fat kids in a candy store. They'd eat all of the candy in the store if no one stopped them. And then they'd still complain that there wasn't enough candy.

Palm or any manufacturer could come out with a 128GB model and someone will put every tv show, song and game they can cram on there and then complain that they don't have enough memory. Rinse and repeat.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12