1.    #1  
    Cypress has developped a new type of capacitive touchscreen that detects hovering. As your finger approaches the screen, it can be detected without touch.

Cypress working on hover for touchscreens | GottaBeMobile

This is amazing for webOS, because it opens the door to a virtual gesture area, which in turns enables larger screens.

Imagine that. In normal operation, your screen would just show no gesture area. But as your finger approaches the bottom of the screen, a transparent gesture area appears.

If someone at Palm is reading this, I'd be glad to collect royalties. Just PM me. (Forget money, I want to be paid in C40s!)

WebOS is so amazing, and will get better and better with time. Imagine how amazing Palm devices will be 5 years from now.
    First let me say that I love my Pre, I have had it from day one and yes it has had its issues but overall it is still a good phone. With that said, Im not sure that there will be any Palm devices in 2 years much less 5 years. Sprint seems to be pulling away from Palm. Plam as a company seems to be dire need of help.

My guess is that WebOS may be around and will be picked up by some other company.
    That would be sweet!! Thanks for the link, put this on the C40, and we have a winner!

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Quote Originally Posted by prerbaca View Post
    First let me say that I love my Pre, I have had it from day one and yes it has had its issues but overall it is still a good phone. With that said, Im not sure that there will be any Palm devices in 2 years much less 5 years. Sprint seems to be pulling away from Palm. Plam as a company seems to be dire need of help.

My guess is that WebOS may be around and will be picked up by some other company.
    Thanks for the DOOMcast, let keep things positive

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
  5.    #5  
    Naah! Palm won't be picked up. Dell has their line-up, Nokia has no real vision, HTC and Lenovo already passed.
    Palm will probably turnaround and find a niche. All they need is scale up a bit and they'll be fine. They might have to get more financing by selling more shares later this year, but it's no big deal.
    Better hardware and marketing will fix Palm' woes. So let's relax a bit.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    I concur.