1.    #1  
    I got a postcard yesterday (or before) from Sprint trying to sell me some accessories at discount and telling me I better hurry up, because it's all "while supplies last" - mostly just carrying cases, though curiously they included the Touchstone. Probably not hurting on supply on those, just a decent profit margin.

So yeah... They wanna sell the cases off, does that seem like a possible EOL situation, or just overstock?
    As a dealer, there is nearly a 100% markup on Touchstones. The market has gotten smarter and has learned to look in other places for one because we rarely sell them.
    The Pre is almost 1 year old. It is at the end of it's life...
    I think the touchstone discount was just Sprint trying to compete in the market. When you look at the price from Sprint or Palm then compare to online prices, online wins every time.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewhime View Post
    I got a postcard yesterday (or before) from Sprint trying to sell me some accessories at discount and telling me I better hurry up, because it's all "while supplies last" - mostly just carrying cases, though curiously they included the Touchstone. Probably not hurting on supply on those, just a decent profit margin.

So yeah... They wanna sell the cases off, does that seem like a possible EOL situation, or just overstock?
    Yes, I got the same "sales post card" on 4/21. I also believe they are pushing the accessories b/c it's almost EOL for the original Sprint Pre. Remember, Radio Shack already EOL'd the Sprint Pre. Hopefully a Pre2 will be announced before June 13 (rumored release date of HTC Evo 4G). I love WebOS but really want better hardware to run it. If Palm screws this up I'm going with the Evo.